Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How to Test? (Confirmation)
MsHannerBananer Offline

Threads: 34
How to Test? (Confirmation)

I see that included with SOMA there's also a Workshop upload application. Is the only way to go about testing what you already have to publish with Workshop?

I know that map viewer is a thing, but isn't yielding accurate results for my maps. I'm getting weird texture feedback and just have never found it a decent way to test my maps.

I haven't really worked with Workshop before. Is there a way to make what you publish with it private until you want to reveal it to the world? I'd rather not have my map open for people to laugh at. xD

10-03-2015, 11:55 PM
Find
Kanthos Offline

Threads: 7
RE: How to Test? (Confirmation)

In your Soma folder should be a data called SomaDev.bat. Start it. Press F1. Load your map.

Greets.
10-04-2015, 12:01 AM
Find
Romulator Offline
Not Tech Support ;-)

Threads: 63

About posting to the workshop

Yes! When your workshop mod is ready to go on, just follow the instructions in WorkshopModUploader. Once you click Publish, it will give you the option to make it private, friends-only, or public.

Discord: Romulator#0001
[Image: 3f6f01a904.png]
10-04-2015, 12:07 AM
Find
Abion47 Offline

Threads: 22

I'm having a problem with using this process to test my map. I followed Kanthos' instructions, but when I try to load my map, I get the error message: "FATAL ERROR: Could not load script file 'maps/test_map.hps'! ERR: Could not find setup function void SetupBaseInterface(cLuxMap @aObject)"

My map class in the script file does implement the iScrMap interface. I copied it directly from the Dev Sample Campaign on the Steam Workshop minus the functions involving the map-specific logic, and I made sure I had the line:
#include "interfaces/Map_Interface.hps"

EDIT: I got it working. Turned out to be a stupid fix, as they usually do.
(This post was last modified: 10-13-2015, 03:07 AM by Abion47.)
10-11-2015, 03:27 AM
Find
MsHannerBananer Offline

Threads: 34

The problem I have with Kathnos' method is that it doesn't work for me at all. I mean, things start up nice, but as soon as I start a new game, I get the radio static and a big black nothing, lmao. I guess I just have to do some tooling around.

Oooohp. Nope. Just me being an idiot as always. Thanks Kanthos. xD

(This post was last modified: 10-13-2015, 03:43 AM by MsHannerBananer.)
10-13-2015, 02:57 AM
Find
Kanthos Offline

Threads: 7

You´re welcome Big Grin
10-16-2015, 12:40 PM
Find