Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Puzzling my objects in model editor :(
Amnesiaplayer Offline

Threads: 105
Puzzling my objects in model editor :(

Hello, I recently made a lamp, kinda like christmass lamp.
Long cable, and some lamps hanging on.
The pieces are, 1 long cable, 6 Box/cyldinder kinda things attached to the lamp, and 6 glasses, with 6 lamps INSIDE of the transparent glass.
So there are a lot of things, and I can't "Combine" all of them, since if I do it, I'd get another error, since You can't combine somethings, with more then 2 diffirent textures.
so if I open modelview, it shows how it was supposed to look like.
and if I open it in model editor, all those other mini parts are inside of the cable, making m "puzzle" to put these things in order, is there something to do?! I really don't have the time to take those thing, and put them all together again...

I just tried to combine it too, to double check if something happened, and it didn't gave me an error, but the lamps disappeared, which is weird?
It really took me a long time to but those Standard, glass and lamp together, and even fit them in the cable ;(
10-13-2015, 02:57 PM
Find
Mudbill Offline
Muderator

Threads: 59
RE: Puzzling my objects in model editor :(

When you import a model with multiple objects, a lot of the time the objects will all be centered. I'm not sure what can be done to prevent this (if anything), but you're better off assembling them again in the ModelEditor, or combine them in a way that works. Remember, you can't use transparent textures and solid textures on the same object within the model, so keep those separate.

10-13-2015, 03:00 PM
Find
Amnesiaplayer Offline

Threads: 105
RE: Puzzling my objects in model editor :(

(10-13-2015, 03:00 PM)Mudbill Wrote: When you import a model with multiple objects, a lot of the time the objects will all be centered. I'm not sure what can be done to prevent this (if anything), but you're better off assembling them again in the ModelEditor, or combine them in a way that works. Remember, you can't use transparent textures and solid textures on the same object within the model, so keep those separate.

I know, that's the problem haha
Well, this probably means I have to work another 45+ minuts to work for assembling those parts Sad
Thanks for the help.

Oh btw, About animating, I created an animation for something, like months ago, It worked well on maya, but if I export it to hpl2, the animation looks weird, and the animations changed, instead of moving tentacles forward, it just reversed it, and kinda glitched it by moving it high...
I really don't know what the problem is, but I knew that I exported the model WITH the animation, was I supposed to export these animations solid? if yes, how, I really couldn't figure it out..
(This post was last modified: 10-13-2015, 03:09 PM by Amnesiaplayer.)
10-13-2015, 03:05 PM
Find