Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[ANNOUNCEMENT] Beta ModLauncher and WorkshopModUploader
Luis Offline
Frictional Games

Threads: 19
[ANNOUNCEMENT] Beta ModLauncher and WorkshopModUploader

Hi there people!

I just uploaded a public beta of the ModLauncher and WorkshopModUploader apps on Steam, with the following changes:

* ModLauncher:
- Displaying of picture set in the entry.hpc file
- Scrolling title label for displaying titles longer than the actual label width
- Download indicator that shows up when there are subscribed items that need downloading.

* WorkshopModUploader:
- Changed layout into a sort of Wizard application.
- Removed edition of title/description (the tool is only meant to upload an already created entry)
- Lots of proper error checking and handling added.
- Added uploading of item preview image.

For information on creating entry.hpc files check out this wiki page: https://wiki.frictionalgames.com/hpl3/tu..._mod_entry

EOF
10-14-2015, 07:57 AM
Find
Romulator Offline
Not Tech Support ;-)

Threads: 63
RE: [ANNOUNCEMENT] Beta ModLauncher and WorkshopModUploader

Awesome! Opted into the public beta.

Got a potential bug for you already though :c

When you press Enter to create a new line for the change notes, it starts the upload process. I have tried pressing Shift+Enter and that too has also failed to create a new line.

A workaround is to use the (edit) button next to the Changelog as seen in the item's Steam Workshop page post upload.

Got another potential one.

LauncherPic="<image_name>" in the entry.hpc returns a black box in the image section. I've only tested with a .jpg and a few changes to the entry.hpc, so I'll see if I am screwing something up.

Edit: USE A .png! Works fine!
LauncherPic="ModLauncherImage.png"
Is the example I have in my entry.hpc. Works fine!
Spoiler below!
[Image: a250ae0263.png]

Updating my template to include this.

Discord: Romulator#0001
[Image: 3f6f01a904.png]
(This post was last modified: 10-14-2015, 08:29 AM by Romulator.)
10-14-2015, 08:15 AM
Find
Luis Offline
Frictional Games

Whoa that was quick. I'll fix that as soon as I can.

EOF
10-14-2015, 08:18 AM
Find
Filizitas Offline

Threads: 7

Thats my ideas!!!

:3 thx for the update

Tentacle raping guy is coming for ya Q.Q Watcha gonna do?
10-14-2015, 09:15 AM
Find
Abion47 Offline

Threads: 22

I might have a bug on my hands. The ModUploader wizard doesn't seem to be updating the mod's entry.hpc file with the post-publish workshop ID. I didn't notice this until I had to update a previously published mod, when I found out that when I tried to push an update, the wizard was uploading the patch as a completely new and separate mod. I fixed the issue by manually pasting the ID from the Steam URL of the mod, but I thought I might bring this up in case anyone else was having this issue.

EDIT: Another related thing is that after I got the update working, it reverted my mod on the workshop back to private visibility, which I only just happened to notice. I'm not sure if this was by design.
(This post was last modified: 10-26-2015, 12:54 AM by Abion47.)
10-25-2015, 12:08 PM
Find
Luis Offline
Frictional Games

(10-25-2015, 12:08 PM)Abion47 Wrote: I might have a bug on my hands. The ModUploader wizard doesn't seem to be updating the mod's entry.hpc file with the post-publish workshop ID. I didn't notice this until I had to update a previously published mod, when I found out that when I tried to push an update, the wizard was uploading the patch as a completely new and separate mod. I fixed the issue by manually pasting the ID from the Steam URL of the mod, but I thought I might bring this up in case anyone else was having this issue.

EDIT: Another related thing is that after I got the update working, it reverted my mod on the workshop back to private visibility, which I only just happened to notice. I'm not sure if this was by design.

The PublishedFileID is no longer saved in the entry.hpc, the uploader saves this stuff in a separate "entry.swd" file now. I did some testing so the PublishedFileID in old entry.hpc files was read, so not sure what slipped. Anyway

Also, uploads are now default set to private. This is stated on the publishing options page in the wizard. This is meant just to be able to privately test updates in case something is not right, but it might be too conservative? (maybe I just need to bring back the option)

Suggestions for improvements are always welcome btw Smile

EOF
(This post was last modified: 10-26-2015, 01:38 PM by Luis.)
10-26-2015, 01:38 PM
Find