Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Black Plague Error -- "Check your OpenAL Installation"
Bluebulletdead Offline

Threads: 1
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month, 3 Weeks ago Black Plague Error -- "Check your OpenAL Installation"

I've updated my graphics card the other day, and was able to play P:BP for the first time in forever. I kinda fiddled with the graphics card's program that allows you to edit preferences for it afterward, but never went to play it again.

Today, it gives me the error listed in the title of this topic. I Googled, found some topics here, did everything they said, and the little bastard of a game won't fix itself. I even set the graphics card back to the default settings, which I believe was the settings for when I was still able to play the game. My sound card also tells me that I don't need to update it.

Here's my specifications through Speccy;

[Image: specsx.th.png]

I know, it's a piece of crap, but some how I was still able to play it even if it was just once.
01-07-2010, 08:49 PM
Find
Thomas Offline
Frictional Games

Threads: 184
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month, 3 Weeks ago RE: Black Plague Error -- "Check your OpenAL Installation"

Download and install oalinst from here:
http://connect.creativelabs.com/openal/D...Items.aspx

and all should work!
01-07-2010, 09:48 PM
Find
Bluebulletdead Offline

Threads: 1
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month, 3 Weeks ago RE: Black Plague Error -- "Check your OpenAL Installation"

(01-07-2010, 09:48 PM)Thomas Wrote: Download and install oalinst from here:
http://connect.creativelabs.com/openal/D...Items.aspx

and all should work!

Sweet, it worked.

Alright, so, what graphic options do you recommend me setting the game up into according to my specs?
01-08-2010, 12:04 AM
Find
Thomas Offline
Frictional Games

Threads: 184

Hard to say. Best is to experiment.

Glad you got it working on an Intel Graphics card though!
01-08-2010, 10:39 AM
Find