Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Welcome to SOMA!
Diz Offline

Threads: 4
Video  Welcome to SOMA!

[Image: 250px-Soma_Game_Art.png]

Welcome to my topic! I love horror experiences, and when I saw that SOMA was released by Frictional Games, I simply had to snatch it, throwing myself at it at day one. Earlier, I have been doing a playthrough of Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs. I decided to accept the challenge of SOMA, and I am inviting you to join me on this bizarre journey! For more information, please look at the paragraphs further down.
  1. What did you do to me?!
  2. What happened to my world?
  3. Wild Douchebot appeared!
  4. More answers, and more ... zombies?!
  5. We’re playing this game, are we?!
  6. This might be a trap!
  7. Left 4 Dead wants its Witch back!
  8. Horrors of the Deep Sea ... OH GOD NO
  9. WAU, make way for humanity!
  10. Did we make it?
Playing horror games blindly is my Let's Play policy, I did not even watch the trailer before starting this game. I do this because I wish for a fresh experience, and I find it fun not knowing what to expect whatsoever. There will be some panic here and there, and I enjoy respecting horror games for what they have to offer. At the time of this typing, I have finished and uploaded all parts of me playing the game.

Lastly, I should mention that there were some technical difficulties with the first few parts due to me taking a whole different approach to recording/streaming. Part 1 has my old microphone, which is not at all of high quality, and the video quality is not the greatest. At Part 2, video quality is greatly improved, and I bought a brand-new microphone, however settings from the old microphone carried over, so while the mic quality is better, it is still not great. At Part 3 and 4 (single sitting), the microphone quality is greatly improved, but due to a system crash, video quality reverted back to that of Part 1. On Part 5, everything is in order. I am sorry for this! I will definitely take much better care next time.

This is also the first playthrough where I use facecam, although due to immersing myself in darkness in the room, I will not be visible in dark areas of the game.

Recording software: Open Broadcaster Software
Editing software: None used this time due to incompatibility with *.FLV, but this will be solved in my future projects.
Operating system: Windows 8.1 X64

Hardware specifications:
Motherboard: ASUS RAMPAGE IV EXTREME LGA-2011
Processor: Intel Core i7-3820 LGA-2011
Memory: Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600MHz 16GB CL9
Graphics: ASUS GeForce GTX 760 2GB PhysX CUDA x2 (Two-way SLI)

Webcam: Logitech HD Webcam C310
Headset: SteelSeries Siberia v2
Microphone (Part 1): SteelSeries Siberia v2
Microphone (Part 2/Part 3++): Blue Microphones Snowball iCE

Due to incompatibility with *.FLV files, I have been unable to edit and cut content, which means there is currently no editing involved, and if I am stuck at a part, the recorder simply keeps on rolling. I realize that such uncut material can be a bit dull, and I have found a solution for the next time I am doing a similar project.

Here is my experience with SOMA, and I hope you enjoyed dropping by. Thanks in advance!

Radidsh is my alternate name. Hungry for horror games? Check out my channel!
(This post was last modified: 10-09-2015, 11:47 AM by Diz.)
10-09-2015, 11:41 AM
Find
Romulator Offline
Not Tech Support ;-)

Threads: 63
RE: Welcome to SOMA!

(10-09-2015, 11:41 AM)Diz Wrote: Due to incompatibility with *.FLV files, I have been unable to edit and cut content, which means there is currently no editing involved, and if I am stuck at a part, the recorder simply keeps on rolling. I realize that such uncut material can be a bit dull, and I have found a solution for the next time I am doing a similar project.

If it helps, if you change the .flv in your filename to .mp4, you can export your recording as an .mp4, which can of course, be much more easily editted, depending on what kind of editting software is available to you.

I'll be sure to take a look at your playthrough though!

Edit: That is, in OBS Before you record not after, when the .flv files have been saved by OBS.

Discord: Romulator#0001
[Image: 3f6f01a904.png]
(This post was last modified: 10-09-2015, 12:26 PM by Romulator.)
10-09-2015, 11:53 AM
Find