Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Level Editor Help FATAL ERROR: Could not load world file 'custom_stories
saige17 Offline

Threads: 1
FATAL ERROR: Could not load world file 'custom_stories

Hi.

I need help with a problem that occurred for me yesterday (24/10/15). I was in the level editor and were working on my custom story. with no problem at all and of course out of nowhere I got a bluescreen (Memory_management).

happened once before, but I didn´t have any problem afterwards. The thing is now after the recent bluescreen. I went back to open the level editor to continue on my map but now this happened.

I got the steam version./this map folder is for custom story creation only, that´s why its on E:/

/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
// Loading file E:/redist2/custom_stories/Silent Kills/maps/Silent Kills.map
/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

Failed parsing of XML document E:/redist2/custom_stories/Silent Kills/maps/Silent Kills.map in line 3994, column 38
ERROR: Couldn't load world from 'E'
FATAL ERROR: Could not load world file 'custom_stories/Silent Kills/custom_stories/Silent Kills/maps/Silent Kills.map'

When I now try to open my map its completly empty, like when u start on a new map.
The file sizes are normal like before the error. (3Mb).

Every other maps I created so far, I can still open and work on without any problems.
Its only the Silent Kills Map that does this error. Sad

Would really need your help to figure this one out.
(This post was last modified: 11-03-2015, 03:22 PM by saige17.)
10-25-2015, 10:23 AM
Find
WALP Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 34
RE: FATAL ERROR: Could not load world file 'custom_stories

ERROR: Couldn't load world from 'E'

well if that is what it says it sounds like you need to get it back on the same drive as amnesia
10-25-2015, 10:28 AM
Find
saige17 Offline

Still doesn´t work I don´t really know how to fix this. :/
10-31-2015, 07:42 PM
Find
saige17 Offline

(10-25-2015, 10:28 AM)WALP Wrote: ERROR: Couldn't load world from 'E'

well if that is what it says it sounds like you need to get it back on the same drive as amnesia

Still doesn´t work I don´t really know how to fix this. :/
11-05-2015, 09:09 AM
Find
Romulator Offline
Not Tech Support ;-)

Threads: 63

The fact you bluescreened with the level editor running has likely corrupted the map, hence it will not be able to load in it's current state.

Could you post your map? Some of the data may be recoverable, but I cannot promise how much.

Discord: Romulator#0001
[Image: 3f6f01a904.png]
11-05-2015, 10:07 AM
Find
saige17 Offline

(11-05-2015, 10:07 AM)Modulator Wrote: The fact you bluescreened with the level editor running has likely corrupted the map, hence it will not be able to load in it's current state.

Could you post your map? Some of the data may be recoverable, but I cannot promise how much.

any way to recover the corrupted file to the state it was before the crash? Tongue
11-05-2015, 03:54 PM
Find
Romulator Offline
Not Tech Support ;-)

Well, the map itself is a format known as XML. As such, opening it up with a text editor might allow you to navigate through to see if there are issues, but if you're not careful, could simply ruin your map beyond repair.

If you upload your map somewhere, I don't mind taking a look for you to see if I can try to recover some of it.

11-05-2015, 04:17 PM
Find
saige17 Offline

(11-05-2015, 04:17 PM)Romulator Wrote: Well, the map itself is a format known as XML. As such, opening it up with a text editor might allow you to navigate through to see if there are issues, but if you're not careful, could simply ruin your map beyond repair.

If you upload your map somewhere, I don't mind taking a look for you to see if I can try to recover some of it.

how are you going to proceed in order to retrieve as much of the data as possible. Are you gonna use the method of the text editor that you mentioned?
11-07-2015, 12:14 PM
Find
Romulator Offline
Not Tech Support ;-)

(11-07-2015, 12:14 PM)saige17 Wrote:
(11-05-2015, 04:17 PM)Romulator Wrote: Well, the map itself is a format known as XML. As such, opening it up with a text editor might allow you to navigate through to see if there are issues, but if you're not careful, could simply ruin your map beyond repair.

how are you going to proceed in order to retrieve as much of the data as possible. Are you gonna use the method of the text editor that you mentioned?

Yep. You certainly won't be able to open it with the level editor to fix it :p

11-07-2015, 12:22 PM
Find
saige17 Offline

(11-07-2015, 12:22 PM)Romulator Wrote:
(11-07-2015, 12:14 PM)saige17 Wrote:

Yep. You certainly won't be able to open it with the level editor to fix it :p

I will try and upload it somewhere and keep you posted, when its up =)
11-14-2015, 05:29 PM
Find