Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
meta full conversion mod for amnesia
timmycerise Offline

Threads: 1
meta full conversion mod for amnesia

So I am fairly new at downloading mods and getting them to work from inside the Amnesia game I downloaded from steam. That was the easy part, and I even figured out thanks to YouTube how to get conversion mods such as tenebris lake (the ones containing a windows batch file that launches separately from Amnesia downloaded from steam). So I found another one called "Meta, enter the strange" for amnesia and downloaded it. Every time I try to repeat the same process to be able to launch and play it as i used with tenebris lake, it doesn't launch and an error message usually pops up. When I looked closer at the file for fullconversion_meta, it had an extra thing underneath the main folder called "installation guide" labeled as a DOC file. The conversion mod for tenebris lake didn't have this and I was able to easily extract it into the main amnesia folder and launch the batch file to play it with absolutely no problems. Am I just doing something simple and stupid wrong, I have not been doing this long enough to come across and solve all the problems on my own, and I couldn't find any help related to this online so Id greatly appreciate the help, thank you!
11-07-2015, 02:12 AM
Find
Mudbill Offline
Muderator

Threads: 59
RE: meta full conversion mod for amnesia

What does the Installation guide.doc file say? I assume it has additional instructions.

11-07-2015, 02:28 AM
Find
timmycerise Offline

Threads: 1
RE: meta full conversion mod for amnesia

(11-07-2015, 02:28 AM)Mudbill Wrote: What does the Installation guide.doc file say? I assume it has additional instructions.

When I click on it, there are two more files. One titled "_rls" the the other "theme". There is one more under it labeled as an XML Document, and its called "[Content_Types].xml" and looks as shows when I click on it:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="true"?>

-<Types xmlns="http://schemas.openxmlformats.org/package/2006/content-types">

<Override ContentType="application/vnd.openxmlformats-officedocument.themeManager+xml" PartName="/theme/theme/themeManager.xml"/>

<Override ContentType="application/vnd.openxmlformats-officedocument.theme+xml" PartName="/theme/theme/theme1.xml"/>

<Default ContentType="application/vnd.openxmlformats-package.relationships+xml" Extension="rels"/>

<Default ContentType="application/xml" Extension="xml"/>

</Types>

The other folders within "_rels" and "theme" contain similarly formatted xml documents. Are they important to actually being able to use the and play the mod? or should I just be able to ignore them and extract all the files under the main mod folder to the main amnesia folder?
11-07-2015, 05:20 AM
Find