Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Failing to load config file error
basedaceofspades
Unregistered

Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month, 3 Weeks ago Failing to load config file error
Alright, I've already played through the game once, and it. Was. AWESOME. I was going to play through it again a few days ago, but it crashed. After it crashed, I tried to relaunch, and got an error message "failed to load config file", so I browsed the troubleshooting forum, tried deleting the user key config file and user settings config file, as one thread suggested. Didn't work. Uninstalled, then reinstalled...THREE TIMES. And I'm STILL having the problem, always the same error message. I've got 600 GB of memory free on my hard disk, Windows 8, only about a year old, I've got an AMD R9 quad-core processor and AMD R9 graphics card--perfectly up to date. It can't be my hardware. I've meticulously gone through EVERYTHING. Can you help me? I just want to play through SOMA again because I love it to death. Help? Please?
11-21-2015, 01:46 AM
Mudbill Offline
Muderator

Threads: 59
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month, 3 Weeks ago RE: Failing to load config file error
Is "Failed to load config file" absolutely everthing that shows or is there more to it?
Could you post the hpl.log file from Documents\My Games\Soma\Main?

(This post was last modified: 11-21-2015, 03:01 PM by Mudbill.)
11-21-2015, 03:01 PM
Find
Unregistered

.log   hpl.log (Size: 3.99 KB / Downloads: 163)
(11-21-2015, 03:01 PM)Mudbill Wrote: Is "Failed to load config file" absolutely everthing that shows or is there more to it?
Could you post the hpl.log file from Documents\My Games\Soma\Main?
That's literally all the error message says. Sure, I'll try to post that file.
11-21-2015, 08:58 PM
plutomaniac Offline
Super Moderator

Threads: 45
Are there any SOMA related files under C:\Users\-USER-NAME-\AppData\Local\VirtualStore? Probably under Documents\SOMA etc. Try to run the game as administrator.
11-23-2015, 12:52 AM
Find
Unregistered

(11-23-2015, 12:52 AM)plutomaniac Wrote: Are there any SOMA related files under C:\Users\-USER-NAME-\AppData\Local\VirtualStore? Probably under Documents\SOMA etc. Try to run the game as administrator.

Nothing under C:\Users\-USER-NAME-\AppData\Local\VirtualStore at all. I'll try.
11-23-2015, 07:32 AM
plutomaniac Offline
Super Moderator

Threads: 45
Well it's obviously something system specific as it was working just fine before. Make sure you have no arguments applied at steam by accident, try renaming the whole Document's SOMA folder to SOMA_Old or something, administrator etc.
11-23-2015, 06:06 PM
Find
Unregistered

(11-23-2015, 06:06 PM)plutomaniac Wrote: Well it's obviously something system specific as it was working just fine before. Make sure you have no arguments applied at steam by accident, try renaming the whole Document's SOMA folder to SOMA_Old or something, administrator etc.

System specific? Ah, I tried running the game as administrator with no luck. I'm really at a loss. "Arguments at Steam"? No idea what that means. I'm a bit technologically challenged. xD;;
11-23-2015, 10:21 PM
Jump to the post that solved this thread.