Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Understanding Trigger Areas
Kanthos Offline

Threads: 7
Understanding Trigger Areas

Hey guys!

I´m trying to create a desinfection airlock for my greenhouse, similar to the one at the arkroom in Soma.

So i thought i simple place a trigger area in my airlock, that triggers a method, that closes the doors, sprays some spray and let me out the airlock.

I wrote in my script:

bool Desinfection (const tString &in asParent, const tString &in asChild, int alState)
{
//dothings
}

But it only does things when i enter the area from one side. I looked into the Soma-code already, but things look quite complex.

If anyone could explain me how i get the trigger area to work from both sides, i´d be really thankfull Smile

Thanks guys!
(This post was last modified: 11-23-2015, 01:10 PM by Kanthos.)
11-23-2015, 01:09 PM
Find
TiManGames Offline

Threads: 25
RE: Understanding Trigger Areas

(11-23-2015, 01:09 PM)Kanthos Wrote: Hey guys!

I´m trying to create a desinfection airlock for my greenhouse, similar to the one at the arkroom in Soma.

So i thought i simple place a trigger area in my airlock, that triggers a method, that closes the doors, sprays some spray and let me out the airlock.

I wrote in my script:

bool Desinfection (const tString &in asParent, const tString &in asChild, int alState)
{
//dothings
}

But it only does things when i enter the area from one side. I looked into the Soma-code already, but things look quite complex.

If anyone could explain me how i get the trigger area to work from both sides, i´d be really thankfull Smile

Thanks guys!

What do you mean by saying "one side"? Like when you enter to it from the front it'll work but if you enter to it from the back it won't work? Explain your problem

This forum is dead
11-24-2015, 02:13 PM
Find
Kanthos Offline

Threads: 7
RE: Understanding Trigger Areas

Indeed that was the problem. But i found the mistake in my code.

I had a "if else" instruction that had to be a "if". So i got the impresion it only works from one side.

Guess the thread can get deleted.

Sry for your time :/
11-24-2015, 03:48 PM
Find