Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Overture-Cant get Cotton String
VampLena Offline

Threads: 3
Overture-Cant get Cotton String

hey all, I want to say first this little gem is great! I got all 3 games, and preordered Amnesia after just 5 minutes in overture, its so good.

But im having a problem, im in the workshop area and i found the box of cotton string but for some reason i cant get it, i know i need it to mix with the gunpowder but, it wont get in my inventory. Any ideas? I checked and its not in there already, the lid for the box is in the way i think.

Thanks for any help
04-16-2010, 04:39 PM
Find
naturon Offline

Threads: 1
RE: Overture-Cant get Cotton String

It's been a while, but I think inspecting the box was enough to get the string, you don't actually need to remove the lid I think. I remember seeing something like "A box of cotton strings. There, I'll just take one" or something.
04-16-2010, 04:42 PM
Find
VampLena Offline

(04-16-2010, 04:42 PM)naturon Wrote: It's been a while, but I think inspecting the box was enough to get the string, you don't actually need to remove the lid I think. I remember seeing something like "A box of cotton strings. There, I'll just take one" or something.

Thanks for your reply, i inspected the box, however i dont see any string in my inventory. Is it dependent on something else?
04-16-2010, 06:05 PM
Find
ROT51 Offline

You need to read the explosive manual first before getting the string. It's in the wooden chest in the office.
04-16-2010, 07:12 PM
Find
naturon Offline

That might be the case except he knows that he has to make a fuse by mixing cotton string and gunpowder, so he must have already read the instructions.
04-16-2010, 07:28 PM
Find
Adventurer4Life Offline

Threads: 11

The box itself is not intractable.. but you can click on it, the way you get any other item.. post a screenshot.. maybe you are looking at a empty box or something and not the "real" box..

Spoiler below!
I think the cotton string in in the 1st shelf just after you get though the code locked door in the workshop?

Happy Adventuring
-- A4L
My Review Chan - http://www.youtube.com/adventurereviews
04-17-2010, 12:12 AM
Find
VampLena Offline

(04-16-2010, 07:28 PM)naturon Wrote: That might be the case except he knows that he has to make a fuse by mixing cotton string and gunpowder, so he must have already read the instructions.

Well to be fair, I know i need the string because i looked at a walkthru first Wink
I'd try to find this Explosives manual that has been mentioned. The Office is not in the workshop is it? Its back out there.. with that bad dog?
04-17-2010, 12:40 AM
Find
naturon Offline

So, I assume you went into the area with the caves first? What you need to do is go back and sneak all the way to the office which is directly left of where you first entered the mines. In a chest there you will get a "Big Book of Explosives" which details how to make a fuse. Sorry, but it looks like you're going to have to go back.
04-17-2010, 02:49 PM
Find