Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Custom subtitles?
SakkoTheTaco Offline

Threads: 1
Wink  Custom subtitles?

Hello everyone!

I guess that this question is for the developers but if anyone knows a way, that would be great.

So I finished the game yesterday and I loved it. Now I feel like a want to add swedish subtitles for the game and be nice to my fellow countrymen.

So if anyone knows a way to edit the subtitles and text in the game (in a relatively easy way) and implement the swedish letters å, ä and ö I would be forever greatful.

Thanks guys Big Grin
11-28-2015, 04:36 PM
Find
Abion47 Offline

Threads: 22
RE: Custom subtitles?

There's a Korean language patch on the Steam Workshop that I believe does a total translation including subtitles. It might be worth looking into.

As for the Swedish letters, å, ä and ö correspond to the Unicode character codes [00E5] [00E4], and [00F6], respectively. The lang files are basically XML, so you can try the escape sequences "å", "&#x00E4", and "ö" for those characters. (I'm not at a place where I can try this myself at the moment, but as we've seen with some of the FG lang files, they don't appear to adhere 100% to the XML specification, so it's possible you could also just use the characters themselves directly.)
11-28-2015, 05:06 PM
Find
SakkoTheTaco Offline

Threads: 1
RE: Custom subtitles?

(11-28-2015, 05:06 PM)Abion47 Wrote: There's a Korean language patch on the Steam Workshop that I believe does a total translation including subtitles. It might be worth looking into.

As for the Swedish letters, å, ä and ö correspond to the Unicode character codes [00E5] [00E4], and [00F6], respectively. The lang files are basically XML, so you can try the escape sequences "å", "&#x00E4", and "ö" for those characters. (I'm not at a place where I can try this myself at the moment, but as we've seen with some of the FG lang files, they don't appear to adhere 100% to the XML specification, so it's possible you could also just use the characters themselves directly.)
Thank you for the answer. Came home very late today so I'll check it out, first thing in the morning. I'll retrun when I have tried it out.
11-29-2015, 12:20 AM
Find