Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

DRM question
cfveliz Offline

Threads: 1
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month, 3 Weeks ago DRM question

I have a very simple question. Does the Windows version of the Penumbra Collection from the Frictional Games Store have any form of DRM?
I recently purchased the Humble Indie Bundle and I got a discount code for the collection but I don't want to install DRM on my machine. I'm assuming that the Linux version doesn't have any DRM so I would be buying that instead, otherwise I would buy both. GamersGate has the games too but 2 of them have SecuROM at their store and I'd prefer to give my support to the developer.
05-06-2010, 08:04 PM
Find
graykin Offline

Threads: 12
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month, 3 Weeks ago RE: DRM question

There is absolutely no DRM on any Frictional Game product (I think this was discussed in another thread, if I remember correctly). The H.I.B. website (http://www.wolfire.com/humble) states that they use no DRM either.

05-06-2010, 08:08 PM
Find
jens Offline
Frictional Games

Threads: 199

The games in our store has "DRM" in the form of a serial that you have to enter one time during the first installation.
05-06-2010, 08:12 PM
Website Find
cfveliz Offline

Threads: 1

(05-06-2010, 08:08 PM)graykin Wrote: There is absolutely no DRM on any Frictional Game product (I think this was discussed in another thread, if I remember correctly). The H.I.B. website (http://www.wolfire.com/humble) states that they use no DRM either.

Thanks for the reply. I do know that the games from the HIB come with no DRM but since the collection isn't part of the bundle I had to ask.
I'll look for the thread you are referring to and see if I can find it.

Edit: I didn't see the second reply:
(05-06-2010, 08:12 PM)jens Wrote: The games in our store has "DRM" in the form of a serial that you have to enter one time during the first installation.

Is it by any chance SecuROM or just a simple online activation? I'm fine with a serial check as long as it doesn't install SecuROM, TAGES, StarForce or something other than the game on my machine.
05-06-2010, 08:12 PM
Find
Thomas Offline
Frictional Games

Threads: 184

Quote:Is it by any chance SecuROM or just a simple online activation? I'm fine with a serial check as long as it doesn't install SecuROM, TAGES, StarForce or something other than the game on my machine.

Nothing like that is installed!

It is very friendly indeed Smile
(This post was last modified: 05-06-2010, 10:17 PM by Thomas.)
05-06-2010, 10:16 PM
Find