Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

atioglxx.dll_unloaded
mospheric Offline

Threads: 1
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago atioglxx.dll_unloaded

So quick story. I am new to PCs. I bought a Dell XPS 9000, Radeon HD 5870, windows 7 x64. This was purchased about a month ago. Now I have the chance to play some indie games! Low and behold, Humble Indie Bundle!

Unforunately games like Gish, Aquaria, and Penumbra (I love survivor horror!) cannot run. Windows crash report always brings up atioglxx.dll_unloaded as the fault module name.

I have installed the newest video driver from Dell's website, which was also the default driver it came with (Mar. 2010).

So I installed Penumbra, clicked to play. Black screen for a few sec. Then it crashes stating that I don't have vertex shader support?

I'm a QA lead at work, so if anyone needs logs, things tested, etc, just let me know and how to get certain logs. I know other people with the same problems (xps 9000s) and would like to help to get his solved. Thanks!
05-08-2010, 06:42 PM
Find
jens Offline
Frictional Games

Threads: 199
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago RE: atioglxx.dll_unloaded

Go to amd.com and download the latest ATI driver from there instead and see if that helps.
05-08-2010, 07:18 PM
Website Find
mospheric Offline

Threads: 1
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago RE: atioglxx.dll_unloaded

(05-08-2010, 07:18 PM)jens Wrote: Go to amd.com and download the latest ATI driver from there instead and see if that helps.

Ok this did it. I was hesitant because catalyst 10.4 drivers were not loading correctly before, and I had to revert. But after a full uninstall of previous drivers, sweeping for old ati files, and install 10.4 ati drivers, the game works like a charm! And all my other ones!! Thanks for the help!
05-08-2010, 09:39 PM
Find