Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Have it on Steam - missing a few updates?
NeatNit Offline

Threads: 4
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month, 3 Weeks ago Have it on Steam - missing a few updates?

Hello! I got the Penumbra collection a long time ago, when it was on sale (for $5 Wink).

Anyway, with the humble indie bundle pack and one thing leading to another, my friend came over to play Black Plague, and when he reached the end, there was that glitch. I see some messed up distant tower in the top left corner of the screen.
Back when I first played it, I was told by another friend that it was a common issue, so I didn't bother posting about it, but right now I checked out a few things and noticed there was a patch not long ago (for all games). If the changelog.txt in my game folder in Steam is not lying, the last update was from 26.02.2008. Meaning, Steam did not get this patch.

As far as I know Steam doesn't like it when I modify the game files, and rushes to change them back, so I can't install this patch.

Is the patch going to be applied to Steam? Also, does it fix that annoying rendering glitch?

Also, off-topic: I can't find a download to the Penumbra Tech Demo. Someone should make a sticky with it in its section Wink
05-08-2010, 07:03 PM
Find
jens Offline
Frictional Games

Threads: 199
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month, 3 Weeks ago RE: Have it on Steam - missing a few updates?

Steam has the latest version of the game, the update recently released was only a proper release of a previous ATI hotfix. The changelog has not been updated that is all!
05-08-2010, 07:16 PM
Website Find
NeatNit Offline

Threads: 4
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month, 3 Weeks ago RE: Have it on Steam - missing a few updates?

Alright, thanks!

So, what about that issue? The rendering glitch.. Is there no way to fix that?
05-08-2010, 07:25 PM
Find