Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Graphic Card does not support Vertex Shaders.
hky Offline

Threads: 1
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago Graphic Card does not support Vertex Shaders.

I bought the Humble Indie Bundle and went to play it but it won't work.

GraphicCard: mobile intel ®45 Express chipset family (microsoft corp - WDDM1.1) [I think?]

Miscellaneous: [Image: card.jpg]

I tried playing Penumbra and it says my GraphicCard does not support Vertex Shaders.

Is there any way where I could turn of this vertex shaders thing or at least to make this game work? Cause it'll be a loss not to be able to play this.
05-09-2010, 08:12 AM
Find
jens Offline
Frictional Games

Threads: 199
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago RE: Graphic Card does not support Vertex Shaders.

The games should work on that card, but it is not supported by us. It can be tricky to get Intels integrated graphics to work properly, but try to find the latest drivers available (probably from Intels site) and then uninstall the old driver, reboot and install the new driver.
05-09-2010, 08:19 AM
Website Find
wolfsvain Offline

Threads: 0

I have the exact same problem. And I have a Radeon 9800 pro (yes, I know its old) And with mine you really cant update it any further than Vista, and the developers were NICE in doing so, because its a lot older than that. Its a good graphics card, and with Windows 7 I shouldnt be having these issues, because generally it picks up the slack of my graphics card.

Ive already updated it to the highest I can go, before installing and buying the game. So, any suggestions would be great! Im kinda at a loss right now. :/
05-11-2010, 03:09 PM
Find
jens Offline
Frictional Games

This might sound odd, but it could help to uninstall the driver, then reboot and reinstall the same driver again.

Also make sure that the driver you have is from ATI and not from the manufacturer of the computer or from Windows update.

Last you could try an alternative driver, such as omegadriver.

The 9800 pro should not have a problem running the game, I had a 9600 during the whole development of Penumbra Overture.
05-11-2010, 03:13 PM
Website Find
riverwind Offline

Humble Bundle purchase here as well, on the GF's computer. Homebuilt, with an ATI 9800Pro (128mb) as well.

She had the 3.8.291 Omega drivers that I installed when we built the machine, and Penumbra was black screening and stalling. cntl-alt-del did bring up the task manager, but it took ~20 seconds.

I updated the drivers to the current omega drivers 4.8.442 (Catalyst 6.14.0010.6462) and now Penumbra is giving this "Graphics Card does not support Vertex Shaders" error 90% of the time on launch. The other percent of the time, it gives something like "couldn't load point light 2d"

any ideas?

edit: I wiped out the omega drivers, and am trying the ATI/AMD legacy drivers for the 9x00 series/WinXP

http://support.amd.com/us/gpudownload/wi...ional/Home

will report back.
05-15-2010, 03:25 AM
Find
riverwind Offline

good news! The Omega drivers for XP seem to be out of date. The ATI legacy hardware drivers I linked above did the trick (for ATI 9800 users on WinXP - the OP should not use these drivers, but find the appropriate ones from Intel). Everything seems to be working now, both in penumbra and in other games.
05-15-2010, 04:30 AM
Find
Allen Walker Offline

Hi!
I reinstalled my Windows 7 Ultimate 86x OS, updated my drivers, but I cannot run any games. I've nVidia GeForce 6600 video card, DX 11, AMD Athlon 64 Processor +3000
Can any1 help please? Ty in advance.
06-27-2010, 03:57 PM
Find
jens Offline
Frictional Games

You have to say what the problem is, why can you run the games, what does it say?
06-27-2010, 04:34 PM
Website Find
Allen Walker Offline

The games says that my video card not compatible with them, or something like this.
I'm luckless. :'(
06-28-2010, 02:28 PM
Find
jens Offline
Frictional Games

Download the latest drivers available from nvidia.com, do not use any other source such as windows update or similar. Then uninstall the old driver, reboot the computer and install the new driver to make sure everything is properly updated and corrected.

If it does not work, then try another OpenGL game and see if that works, for example Doom 3.
06-28-2010, 02:49 PM
Website Find