Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Penumbra overture crashes right after intro
Nicolas Offline

Threads: 1
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago Penumbra overture crashes right after intro

Hi, i just bought the penumbra collection after buying the Humble indie bundle and was really excited but even if it is the newest version of overture it crashes right after the intro. I get a black screen and then nothing happens.... My computer is brand new and has a Intel GMA 3100, i'm running it on windows XP professional and all my drivers are up to date. I don't know what is wrong! I am disapointed because i paid for the program and can't use it! Let me know what i should do! All the support you have for this problem seems to be dating back to 2007 and is driver or patch related, and i don't think that it is the case.

Thank's a lot!

Nicolas
05-13-2010, 06:16 PM
Find
Arvuti Offline

Threads: 10
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago RE: Penumbra overture crashes right after intro

I am not a professional, but I think it is the graphic cards fault.

http://support.frictionalgames.com/entry/29/ Here is the supported graphic cards for Penumbra Overture ( old list, cards more recent than march 2007 should work fine)
05-13-2010, 06:24 PM
Find
jens Offline
Frictional Games

Threads: 199
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago RE: Penumbra overture crashes right after intro

It is a driver issue if it crashes, make sure that you have the latest driver for the 3100 and that you got the driver from Intel and not using Windows update or similar. Then when you have the driver, uninstall the old one, reboot and then install the new one to make sure it really does replace all the files.

You can also try and turn down all the settings in the game and see if you can make it run then.

Intel integrated graphics are difficult to get working, especially the 3100 which is the bare minimum from Intel that can run the game.
05-13-2010, 06:27 PM
Website Find