Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Penumbra - Overture announced!
Thomas Offline
Frictional Games

Threads: 184
RE: Penumbra - Overture announced!

ShadowMan Wrote:Dunno if this was asked yet, but can we expect a demo? Or was the tech demo our demo? Tongue

There will be a some kind of demo before release. Not sure at this point waht kind of demo though. Might be an updated version of the current demo with new enemies and weapons. Nothing is decided yet though.
08-29-2006, 06:34 AM
Find
gamgam2 Offline

Threads: 23

=S
I thought that you guys where scraping the orignal demo, and just starting all over with the same engine and whatnot
Or are you guys just putting the starting point in a different area? *or you can't tell us>Smile*

Sometimes, if you look carefully at a wall for a few minutes, you'll realize you wasted some time.  It's true.
08-29-2006, 10:00 PM
Website Find
Thomas Offline
Frictional Games

Threads: 184

gamgam2 Wrote:=S
I thought that you guys where scraping the orignal demo, and just starting all over with the same engine and whatnot
Or are you guys just putting the starting point in a different area? *or you can't tell us>Smile*

Yeah, we the game will have very little to do wiht the tech demo when it comes to content. However when we release a demo we do not want to spoil the full game and using an updated tech-demo might be a way of doing that. Nothing is decided though.

As for where you start the game, that is nothng I will disclose now Wink
08-30-2006, 06:38 AM
Find
Unregistered

Thanks for the heads up on this future release..

http://www.fz.se would be a good place to start for high speed server downloads on your demo when it is ready , and adverts there would be also a good place to start .. i dont know if this is useful info . but check it out ..

cheers MGT
08-31-2006, 04:45 PM
Unregistered

Sweet, I've always wanted to chase and beat the living hell out of a demonic mutant creature with a board. :3
09-03-2006, 06:35 AM
Dark Offline

Threads: 20

i think the demon would do the chasing and you do the running :p

[Image: elfenliednx4.jpg]
09-03-2006, 12:03 PM
Find
gamgam2 Offline

=/ Just thought of something, if you guys have a kitchne in this game(You should:S) than you should be able to find a knife or something, just a small knife,but it would be good to scare the monster away or something...

Sometimes, if you look carefully at a wall for a few minutes, you'll realize you wasted some time.  It's true.
09-04-2006, 12:17 AM
Website Find
Unregistered

I thought it was the other way around.
09-05-2006, 02:46 PM
gamgam2 Offline

maybe some of the monsters shoudn't be really smart, so the "hero dude" can take a small gamble and attempt to scare it away by cutting it, or maybe it won't be affected by itO_o

09-07-2006, 12:08 AM
Website Find
Unregistered

Congrats Frictional, just to let you know your getting publicity, if anyone here reads PC Gamer they have an article about you and how great your graphics are. The screenshot is one from an older version (Lines on your completly red mineing picks and such) but its PCG #152 on page 50 if anyone is interested. O and some weak guns would be cool, low ammo on the maps though..why? Adds that extra element of survival...conservation of ammo.
09-14-2006, 01:20 AM