Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Did you feel sorry for Red in the end?
Salamatiqus Offline

Threads: 0
RE: Did you feel sorry for Red in the end?

I felt very guilty. I tried to open that big red box with pick axe. No Luck Sad
And I felt guilty for Amabel.. Sad
07-19-2010, 05:32 PM
Find
Unreal Offline

Threads: 9

I felt happy to kill Red. Only after playing Black Plague did I realize I wish I had somehow been able to save him. When Amabel died though....oh damn I was pissed at Clarence Big Grin
07-20-2010, 05:56 AM
Find
Felix Atagong Offline

Threads: 2

Not at all. Amabel was another matter though.

Spoiler below!
Although I still don't understand why she didn't hide herself and waited a bit until the hallucinations were over.

Some Penumbra 2006 TD Hints and a Dutch localisation file can be found at http://atagong.com/penumbra
07-20-2010, 08:49 AM
Website Find
CharlieSketch Offline

Threads: 0

Killing Red? All I can say is :
"NOOOOO, WHYYYY, MY ONLY BUDDY! WHHHYYY!"
07-31-2011, 03:02 AM
Find
BendyBread Offline

(07-20-2010, 08:49 AM)Felix Atagong Wrote: Not at all. Amabel was another matter though.

Spoiler below!
Although I still don't understand why she didn't hide herself and waited a bit until the hallucinations were over.
She was the doctor you drop the massive weight on top of, right?

If "she" hit you in your mentally unstable position, you'd eventually end up dying. Thats what I dont understand about the puzzle. When you kill her, Clarence tells you he was messing with your brain.
But that would've meant she was just following you around aimlessley and didnt even pay attention to what the hell you were doing with the weight.

I dont know. Maybe I'm thinking too far into it, but it didnt make an insane amount of sense to me.

OT: Yes and no. He was nice, but I feel that even if he wanted to be saved, he'd probably end up as a danger to society (or end up in prison, etc).
Though once you play Black Plague, then yes. I feel extremely sorry for him and I'm glad I "Helped" him.
07-31-2011, 07:44 AM
Find
eiahmon Offline

Threads: 13

I felt horrible for Red, especially after I got the key and discovered how young he was when he became trapped down there. It didn't help that I consider burning to death the worst death imaginable, and those gruesome screams made me feel sick. I really did try to shut down the machine.

What has been seen, cannot be unseen.
08-01-2011, 12:03 AM
Find
BendyBread Offline

(08-01-2011, 12:03 AM)eiahmon Wrote: I felt horrible for Red, especially after I got the key and discovered how young he was when he became trapped down there. It didn't help that I consider burning to death the worst death imaginable, and those gruesome screams made me feel sick. I really did try to shut down the machine.

It's worse in Black Plague when you see the other side of the burner/furnace, with Red's arms reaching outwards as if he's desperate for help to get out.

It made the original screams into a visual image for me. It was just horrible :c
08-01-2011, 08:55 AM
Find
Googolplex Offline
Banned

Threads: 246

Red will not burned alone, he will burned with Philip together.
Or, the other end, nobody will burned.
08-02-2011, 09:24 PM
Find
smapho123 Offline

Threads: 1

When Red told me I had to kill him I thought, "Okay, I can do this," and pushed the button. Then he started screaming and I thought, "No no no no no no." I tried to shut it off by pushing the button again, but it didn't work. I felt really bad afterwards.

Death is the final unknown.
08-04-2011, 03:26 AM
Find
Bek Offline

Threads: 4

(07-31-2011, 07:44 AM)BendyBread Wrote: If "she" hit you in your mentally unstable position, you'd eventually end up dying. Thats what I dont understand about the puzzle. When you kill her, Clarence tells you he was messing with your brain.
The trick is, Clarence wasn't messing with you. That really was a tuurngait (sp probably wrong). His trick was to make you think you'd just killed your last hope by making it appear as her body. That's why you can still be killed by it.
08-07-2011, 06:24 AM
Find