Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Crash when entering chemical labs (Black Plague)
Hoky Offline

Threads: 1
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago Crash when entering chemical labs (Black Plague)

So I unlocked the chemical labs door using the computer in the research lab. I leave and go to the chemical labs door. When I click on the door to enter, it switches to the loading screen. After a few moments, I'm kicked back to the desktop. The client shows its Black Box dialogue and it says the following:
"Penumbra.exe caused an EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION in module Penumbra.exe at 0023:00502B05". FYI, this version of Black Plague was purchased and downloaded from the online store. So from what I've read it should already have the latest patch.

This occurs EVERY single time I attempt to go into the chemical labs, regardless of my settings. Here are my specs:

CPU: Core 2 Quad 2.4ghz
RAM: 4gigs DDR3
Graphics card: Nvidia Geforce GTX 260
Sound card: Sound Blaster Audigy 2 ZS

Thanks in advance for your help!

(As of 6/2/2010) On the suggestion of a friend, I tried changing the compatibility setting on the executable to Windows XP SP3 and Windows Vista. The issue still occurred. I also tried deleting the default_settings.cfg file. That didn't fix it either. Sad
05-31-2010, 04:12 AM
Find
Hoky Offline

Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago RE: Crash when entering chemical labs (Black Plague)

Bump. Still waiting for an answer. (My apologies if this seems rude.)
06-05-2010, 12:42 AM
Find
jens Offline
Frictional Games

Threads: 199
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago RE: Crash when entering chemical labs (Black Plague)

I think that the only solution is to replay from a saved game from before you entered the chemical labs the first time.

You can also go to My Documents/Penumbra/Black Plague/ and take the hpl.log and upload it here, it might provide some more info.
06-05-2010, 10:58 AM
Website Find
Hoky Offline

I've unfortunately tried playing from an earlier saved game and the crash still occurred. Here's the hpl.log file that you suggested I upload. Thanks.
Actaully, I solved the issue. I read that log file that you told me to upload and it looked like it wasn't able to read certain files. I figured that could be due to some problem when I installed the game... So I went ahead and reinstalled the game. And voila, it now works. Smile
(This post was last modified: 06-05-2010, 08:13 PM by Hoky.)
06-05-2010, 07:59 PM
Find