Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Graphical Issue: Abrupt dimming upon the absence of brighter colors
auxytocin Offline

Threads: 1
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month, 3 Weeks ago Graphical Issue: Abrupt dimming upon the absence of brighter colors

Graphics Card: GTX 960

I can't seem to figure out why the gamma/brightness seems to abruptly dim in certain situations where brighter colors are absent. After going through all of the game's video options one by one I was able to fix some instances of this by turning off SSAO, however the problem still persisted. Moreover, I did the same with my video card settings. Haven't been able to make any difference there either.

Example 1: if I'm in a partially lit room and my camera moves to an area where the majority of the screen is filled with darker surfaces, the screen will suddenly dim.

Example 2: when I interact with objects, it will go dark if I click and hold down say, a door, then when I let go it brightens up again, seeing as the cursor options are bright colors.

It might be worth mentioning the only option I cannot change in Nvidia's settings is the SSAO setting (within Nvidia's program settings for SOMA). I haven't had any similar problems like this with any of my other games.

I have a brand new GTX 960 with all of the drivers installed.
I assembled this computer with all new components yesterday. Haven't ran into any problems until now.
I've only logged about an hour in SOMA thus far. Been having this issue since installation.
(This post was last modified: 12-14-2015, 02:57 AM by auxytocin.)
12-13-2015, 01:05 PM
Find
vidyagamer Offline

Threads: 0
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month, 3 Weeks ago RE: Graphical Issue: Abrupt dimming upon the absence of brighter colors

It might be your monitor.

Is there a dynamic brightness or dynamic contrast setting?
12-14-2015, 01:10 AM
Find
auxytocin Offline

Threads: 1
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month, 3 Weeks ago RE: Graphical Issue: Abrupt dimming upon the absence of brighter colors

(12-14-2015, 01:10 AM)vidyagamer Wrote: It might be your monitor.

Is there a dynamic brightness or dynamic contrast setting?

That fixed it... Thank you sir >.>
12-14-2015, 02:56 AM
Find