Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Your shock moments
Astor Offline

Threads: 4
Your shock moments

Hi all, just wanted to know were people got a shock moment.

The first point where I got scared was at the beginning in Overture, that stupid door which should be open with that stick. I saw that door, then I moved to it very focused and...then...bum bum! I jumped from my seat lol!

Another moment was where the big worm hunts you and you need to close that doors and destroy the wood planks. At first I looked at the door behind me where the worm come out, when I scremed like a baby and I ran for my life, I fool have forget to close the doors, I just thought: Run Forest run! Then I reached the wood planks, I hide behind the wall and I didn't detroy the planks (I thought the worm will break them) and waited. Some seconds later I looked with Q around the corner and in front of me was a biiiiigggg mouth, aaaaaaaaahhhhhhh!...dead. lol

The extremest shock I got in Overture was the end... I walk the stairs down, open the door...saw on the left side a shaft, I thought I can go inside...damn don't work...look behind me and...WTF! shit! I pressed ESC and waited some time...then I got strong enought to run to the crate and hide behind it, then the lights gone -> pressed again ESC wait some seconds (I thought he will come to me and kill me) After some minutes I managed to go on, and then I was K.O.

PS: I needed 10min for the last part

But Overture is nothing compared to Black Plague, I havn't shit so often in my pants.
The beginning is just extreme, also I get pissed of that two points where you get beamed away, one at the first shaft and the other (I thnk) was after the explosion where you need to find the right door. Dodgy

After I played both episodes untill the end, I made Philip a little smaller, stronger, faster and better Angel

Quite funny killing infected with crates and barrels or hiding under a shelf/chair.

PPS: Didn't know that the guy after you left the shaft where you need cool down that thermo thing with the limo, can attack you! I run to the door, and I was too fast and the door flew away and suddenly he stopped running and attacked me!? Huh

I can't wait for Amnesia Big Grin

My PC system:

BenQ G2420HDBL 24' LED monitor (1920x1080)
Sapphire ATI Radeaon HD5670 1GB GDDR5
Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 2,4GHZ
4GB DDR2 800mhz (Dual-Channel)
Windows 7 Ultimate 32-Bit
06-06-2010, 06:36 PM
Find
Sexbad Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 40
RE: Your shock moments

Spoiler tags are your friend, snowflake.

Basically all of the actually orchestrated scares, such as
Spoiler below!
the first dog
or
Spoiler below!
the Tuurngait jumping out of the storage closet
etc etc... terrified me especially, but basically all monster encounters made my hand stiffen on my mouse and my balls shrink.

[Image: jao3z.jpg]
06-06-2010, 07:57 PM
Website Find
Yuhaney Offline
Hello Friends!

Threads: 100

Well, the only one I can remember is from Tech Demo where the ceiling falls down and Hunter growls in the vent. That made me jump a little back in the day when I was playing the game for the first time.

06-06-2010, 08:45 PM
Website Find
WindexGlow Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 70

In overture, the biggest was the first dog. My hand was shaking so badly while trying to get the dynamite fuse to the explosives.

Please -REP me.
Honestly, please do. I want to see how low I can go!!
Ignore that error message too. Just ignore it and keep going to give me -rep.
06-06-2010, 10:36 PM
Find
MassacrMan Offline

Threads: 3

(06-06-2010, 10:36 PM)WindexGlow Wrote: In overture, the biggest was the first dog. My hand was shaking so badly while trying to get the dynamite fuse to the explosives.

I started whacking the crap outta him with my hammer the second he burst through the door. I was so scared I just blindly swung until the music stopped. Blush
06-07-2010, 04:10 PM
Find
zxc Offline

Threads: 0

In Overture my first shock was
Spoiler below!
with the first dog, when I quickly crept back to the door and blocked it with the boxes, and then waited in suspense. I didn't expect the dog to be able to burst through the door. I was terrified Big Grin

Both games were really scary. I'm much more sensitive to the atmosphere than jump-scares, but jump-scares are terrifying if rare enough. Black Plague I found to be scarier. I think the scariest section of the games was in the Kennel: really intense.
06-08-2010, 05:34 PM
Find
Sexbad Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 40

I loved what happened if you went into the dog houses in the kennel.

I think the scariest part of it all for me was the chemical room, where you had to just distract the zombie in close quarters and run away quickly.

Absolutely

fucking

horrid

tension.

[Image: jao3z.jpg]
06-08-2010, 08:15 PM
Website Find
zxc Offline

Threads: 0

(06-08-2010, 08:15 PM)Lee Wrote: I loved what happened if you went into the dog houses in the kennel.

I think the scariest part of it all for me was the chemical room, where you had to just distract the zombie in close quarters and run away quickly.

Absolutely

fucking

horrid

tension.

Oh yeah! The dog houses! The first time I went in it, I thought some enormous evil dog had arrived and was looking for me. I was really freaking out, and I STAYED in there because it seemed like a good spot to hide.

The chemical room part didn't come unexpected for me, although it was still pretty tense.

Edit: Also that hallucination in the side path in the Kennel. I hate coming to dead ends like that, I felt lured into a trap.
06-08-2010, 08:21 PM
Find
Astor Offline

Threads: 4

Uhh...I can't remember how often I get killed from that things that come out form that holes Undecided

My PC system:

BenQ G2420HDBL 24' LED monitor (1920x1080)
Sapphire ATI Radeaon HD5670 1GB GDDR5
Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 2,4GHZ
4GB DDR2 800mhz (Dual-Channel)
Windows 7 Ultimate 32-Bit
06-08-2010, 08:39 PM
Find
MassacrMan Offline

Threads: 3

(06-08-2010, 08:39 PM)Astor Wrote: Uhh...I can't remember how often I get killed from that things that come out form that holes Undecided

Scares the crap outta me everytime...
06-09-2010, 12:46 AM
Find