Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Your shock moments
Maple Offline

Threads: 2
RE: Your shock moments

I found the sewers to be intense...having to climb down the ladder and arrange the boxes, only briefly to hear someone/something splashing around down there with you...
07-04-2011, 03:39 AM
Find
BrooksyFC Offline

Threads: 11

I've only just got out of the first area (where you make the explosive) and I'm already crapping myself. Like the part where you enter the tunnel and that spider runs past. Never jumped so much in my life. I love playing these games but I get scared soooo easily.

You should check out our channel...http://www.youtube.com/user/BrooknBosh

We only started a few weeks ago, but were currently playing through Overture and my mate is going through some Amnesia custom stories (as he has played the main game too many times). Were planning on doing the whole Penumbra Series but we need some more games to play. Subscribe and send us some comments on game ideas Big Grin

Think A Little, Change A Lot
07-12-2011, 01:48 PM
Find
tonewww Offline

Threads: 50

ah, i have to go quite a while back...

I Was playing overture while it was on gametap a few years ago,
didnt expect to be scared half to death while playing...but when i heard that first growl....i was sure it was something bad,i peek around the corner of the box im hiding behind...and those eyes.those glowing eyes..i just sat there transfixed at those eyes wondering what it could be...and then the dog howled and charged me and before i could react....Dead i was never scared as much as i was that first night

*Wishes Penumbra Tech Demo section would return*
07-13-2011, 12:15 AM
Find
eiahmon Offline

Threads: 13

I had a few big shocks, all in Black Plague.

Spoiler below!
The kennels, oh god, the kennels. first I climbed into an empty dog house and listened to something rampaging around until I sucked up and climbed out then later when I didn't stay in sync with the lights and got chomped on by the good doctor.

Spoiler below!
Then there was Dr. Eminiss. I gave him the saw, heard his start sawing (which made me shudder), then he started making all those sounds, and I started to back away reeeeeeeeal slowly, thinking "That ain't good.". Then he comes bursting through the door at me. My hands were shaking by the time I trapped him in that one room. I avoided walking by that door after that, because I kept hearing him snarl and growl at me.

Spoiler below!
The last one of course - I can't believe that I didn't see this one coming - was when Clarence gets off the table and comes after you.

What has been seen, cannot be unseen.
07-14-2011, 07:30 AM
Find
Devastor Offline

Threads: 0

The one I remember was at the begining of Black Plague where we got out of the vent and had to deactivate some laser-trip mines next to a dead doctor's body. While I was busy dearming it, that freaking dead guy murmured something like "help me" or "kill me". It totally creeped me out, I was telling myself he's dead it's okay, he's dead, but I was waiting when will his body disappear and come after me to munch on my limbs.
(This post was last modified: 07-17-2011, 12:40 AM by Devastor.)
07-17-2011, 12:40 AM
Find
Ideka Offline

Threads: 3

I'm surprised no one yet mentioned this. I was about to stop playing for the day (it was really late), and I was heading for the save artifact. Out of pure coincidence I noticed the switch. I pressed it and HOLY CRAP, my heart ended up in my throat.
07-18-2011, 03:50 AM
Find
Doctorcheese Offline

Threads: 28

Well the biggest one must have been
Spoiler below!
Worm chase scene
in Overture. DIdn't see that coming >_>

''Sick, twisted child... You'll burn for this!''
07-18-2011, 12:22 PM
Find
Fyrren Offline

Threads: 0

Me and a friend just started playing Penumbra: Overture (we talk through skype while playing). Funny thing is, he's played alot of amnesia, and I have never played any horror games (to be honest, I HATE horror related stuff :P), and he's just as scared as me :D

My first shock moment was
Spoiler below!
I had just entered the mine, and found the hatch I was supposed to open. I walked up to it, and suddenly I heard WHAM WHAM WHAM and lots of howling. Scared the sheets out of me

Second shock moment:
Spoiler below!
after we got out of a room in overture, my friend rushed around the corner, thinking I did the same, and suddenly screamed like crazy when he encountered the first dog. He screamed "HE'S JUST AROUND THE CORNER!" I jumped like crazy.
I carefully went around the corner, and didn't see anything, nor could I hear the dog. My friend suddenly said "No wait he's far away. He's by the sign (referring to the map you see once you enter). I thought I had a clear road, and went faster. Suddenly the dog howled, and walked up. I litterally fell of my chair then hit esc as fast as I could...
07-19-2011, 01:43 PM
Find
Darkchef Offline

Threads: 8

The worst shock moment from Penumbra must be in Black Plague when you first encounter one of the tuurngait, i didn't expect that at all...
07-21-2011, 10:31 PM
Website Find
BendyBread Offline

Threads: 2

(07-21-2011, 10:31 PM)Darkchef Wrote: The worst shock moment from Penumbra must be in Black Plague when you first encounter one of the tuurngait, i didn't expect that at all...

Yes, yes and yes.

The sad bit is that you cant even barricade the door against it. It'll just push everything out of the way. :C

(This post was last modified: 07-22-2011, 06:59 AM by BendyBread.)
07-22-2011, 06:58 AM
Find