Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Hi, new to all and interessted by this engine :)
heybro:) Offline

Threads: 1
Hi, new to all and interessted by this engine :)

Hi

i'm very interessted by the great potential of this engine, and, would like to compile it with MVSC, but, i have some technical problem during the compilation.

in fact, i got 338 error and 1 warning (that was funnyTongue)

result: === Done:0---Failed:1---ignored:0===(of course)

is it possible to have any help, or should i go for Panda3D Big Grin
06-14-2010, 09:12 PM
Find
bremarv Offline

Threads: 0
RE: Hi, new to all and interessted by this engine :)

If you want help you need to post at least some of the errors. There tends to be a lot of errors generated by the same thing. 1 file in the wrong directory and the 15 places it's used all generate one or more errors, so it should not be that hard to fix. I'm not very up to date on this code, but shouldn't MSVC compiling work?
06-14-2010, 11:54 PM
Find

(06-14-2010, 11:54 PM)bremarv Wrote: If you want help you need to post at least some of the errors. There tends to be a lot of errors generated by the same thing. 1 file in the wrong directory and the 15 places it's used all generate one or more errors, so it should not be that hard to fix. I'm not very up to date on this code, but shouldn't MSVC compiling work?

well, does it really needed the OAL Wrapper?

i'm gonna try it

i try to compile the OAL Wrapper, and i got 22 errors..... is there'S something really wrong about?
06-15-2010, 02:30 AM
Find
Urkle Offline
FG - Associate

Threads: 31

Depends on what the errors are.. It could be you don't have the OpenAL SDK installed.. Or something else is mis-configured.. Please paste some of the errors you are seeing (the first ones you see, as the first errors usually cause the later ones). Without the errors no one can easily help you out.

Anyways all this code does compile and run. (Heck the initial checkin I made was the same code I used to build the humble indie bundle's Overture for Mac and Linux, And Thomas build a windows build off of that for a quick patch for windows users, but Via VS2003)

Developing away on one of
Multiple Macs running 10.6, 10.7, 10.8, and 10.9.
Linux, 8-core AMD, 8GB RAM, Fedora 18, nVidia 450 1GB
06-15-2010, 03:53 AM
Website Find

Well, here's a sample:
Quote:1>. \ Sources \ resources \ ResourceBase.cpp: error C2471: Can not update the database 'c: \ users \ céedric bernier \ Desktop \ frictionalgames-hpl1engine-316de79 \ build \ release \ vc90.pdb' of program
1>. \ Sources \ resources \ ResourceBase.cpp (59): fatal error C1903: Can not recover from previous errors, stopping compilation

it does that to all the script....i maybe got a guess: did i need to install angelscriptHuh
06-15-2010, 05:47 AM
Find
bremarv Offline

Threads: 0

The problem is that VS have problems writing to the disk, for whatever reasons. You should check that you have write permissions to that folder and enough disk space.

Microsofts documentation on the error: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/...71%29.aspx
06-15-2010, 09:12 AM
Find

(06-15-2010, 09:12 AM)bremarv Wrote: The problem is that VS have problems writing to the disk, for whatever reasons. You should check that you have write permissions to that folder and enough disk space.

so i need to compile it in my HDD (maybe) i'm gonna try it...

well, my numbers of error grew up to 380.... but at last, always the number C2471, maybe i'm just needed to find the right place....

but i got a question: how many meg/bit - gig/bit the compilied program take?

we are close to solve this problem btw i just need some more of your wise word! Smile
06-15-2010, 08:12 PM
Find