Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

64 bit compatibility
sonofdubya Offline

Threads: 1
64 bit compatibility

Hi,
Just built the library on Fedora 12 x64 system, and tried to compile one of the test progs, it caused bin-utils to crash. The precompiled dependencies (LibNewton.a, LibSDLmain.a, Libangelscript.a) that appear to need linking - wouldn't compile without em - are compiled for 32bit architecture. Problemo! Is there a way around this? Is the LibNewton the same one that appears at http://www.newtondynamics.com or is it an in house special. Need to know, as I spent a couple of hours today sorting things out, and was looking forward to having a play with the HPL1 engine. Now I am like the proverbial boy whose lost his toys.

many thanks

Sad sonofdubya
07-01-2010, 10:35 PM
Find
Urkle Offline
FG - Associate

Threads: 31
RE: 64 bit compatibility

As has been discussed on several threads before.. Due to newton and angelcode no 64bit version can be produced.

LibNewton (version 1.53) is 32bit only. the 2.0 "in development" release has a 64bit port, but the HPL1 Engine would need to have the newton portions ported to it.. (there is actually a branch in the git repository where another user has contributed his "first" attempt at it).

Also the angelscript scripting library needs to be updated to a newer version that supports 64bit.

Once those two components are "updated" , then a native 64bit version can be made for Linux.. otherwise you have to build a 32bit exectable.

Developing away on one of
Multiple Macs running 10.6, 10.7, 10.8, and 10.9.
Linux, 8-core AMD, 8GB RAM, Fedora 18, nVidia 450 1GB
07-02-2010, 12:16 AM
Website Find
sonofdubya Offline

Threads: 1
RE: 64 bit compatibility

Sorry for the annoyance,

I'll investigate your pointers when I return from my hols (Scotland), hope it doesn't rain. Many thanks for your patience.

Regards

Smile sonofdubya
07-02-2010, 12:24 PM
Find