Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Camera Focus Issue
CodedLyoko Offline

Threads: 1
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago Camera Focus Issue

I recently purchased Amnesia: The Dark Descent from Steam as part of their winter sale, however my excitement was extinguished when attempting to play a Custom Story: All I could do was stand helpless as my character simply looked at the ceiling and spun around forever despite my mouse inputs.

Now I have tried EVERYTHING: I reinstalled the game, rebuilt the game data, created a different profile, restarted my laptop, changed the resolution, tried going into Windowed Mode, unplugged my mouse (the only USB device plugged in), and attempted to play the included Story and other Custom Stories but encountered the same problem after each attempt at fixing it.

If anyone has a solution, I would be extremely grateful, as this game is the only one I've been excited about getting (a few years late, granted) in a very long time and I would like to enjoy it.
12-24-2015, 09:49 AM
Find
Romulator Offline
Not Tech Support ;-)

Threads: 63
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago RE: Camera Focus Issue

Do you have any controllers plugged in? Try removing them if so - this is the likely culprit.

Discord: Romulator#0001
[Image: 3f6f01a904.png]
12-24-2015, 09:52 AM
Find
CodedLyoko Offline

(12-24-2015, 09:52 AM)Romulator Wrote: Do you have any controllers plugged in? Try removing them if so - this is the likely culprit.

Nope, no controllers. Mouse is the only USB device.
12-24-2015, 10:10 AM
Find
Romulator Offline
Not Tech Support ;-)

In the Troubleshooting Guide, there is a section dedicated to background programs which may interfere with the game. Have you made sure none of these are running?

[Image: wtG8AC.png]

A quick search of the forum gave me this thread - where Wii U/GCN adapter drivers were affecting the game.

12-24-2015, 10:58 AM
Find
CodedLyoko Offline

(12-24-2015, 10:58 AM)Romulator Wrote: In the Troubleshooting Guide, there is a section dedicated to background programs which may interfere with the game. Have you made sure none of these are running?

[Image: wtG8AC.png]

A quick search of the forum gave me this thread - where Wii U/GCN adapter drivers were affecting the game.

OK, you are the GOAT super moderator my friend, it must have been my GCN adapters I have with my Dolphin emulator that were causing the problems, because my game now works! I'm amazed at how you pulled up that thread so quickly, especially since it seemed a bit obscure. Many, many thanks, you've been extremely helpful, absolutely brilliant Big Grin
12-24-2015, 11:54 AM
Find
Romulator Offline
Not Tech Support ;-)

(12-24-2015, 11:54 AM)CodedLyoko Wrote: OK, you are the GOAT super moderator my friend, it must have been my GCN adapters I have with my Dolphin emulator that were causing the problems, because my game now works! I'm amazed at how you pulled up that thread so quickly, especially since it seemed a bit obscure. Many, many thanks, you've been extremely helpful, absolutely brilliant Big Grin

Glad I could help! Do enjoy the game!

Since your issue has been solved, I'll lock it for now; but if you have any more problems, feel free to create another one!

(This post was last modified: 12-24-2015, 11:59 AM by Romulator.)
12-24-2015, 11:57 AM
Find