Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Mack and Mesh: An advertising opportunity?
krynn72 Offline

Threads: 1
Mack and Mesh: An advertising opportunity?

First off, for anyone not familiar with the videos by Mack and Mesh, let me explain what they do.

Theres this one guy, Mesh, who gets really immersed in games. As such, he gets absolutely terrified when playing horror/scary games. One day he and his friend Mack decided to record Mesh playing Doom 3 and it was hilarious. It got quite popular and they quickly turned it into a regular series that just started up again called Mesh Does...

Now last week after having watched their final Mesh Does Aliens Vs Predators 3 episode, I got to thinking about how they would be a really good way to advertise a game for a small developer. Their viewers are people who are already in the horror game market, and they get tons of suggestions from their fans as to what game Mesh should play next. I've seen quite a few people suggest Penumbra, or that they should do Amnesia when it comes out.

I went to their site today to see if they had decided what game to do next, and I noticed a new link on their site for Marketing. They had the same idea I did, and they're looking for developers who want Mack and Mesh to feature their game in a Mesh Does series. I figure its a pretty cheap (though I don't know how much it would cost, if anything), and very effective way to get the word out on Amnesia.

Anyways, just a thought. Heres the link to their site ( http://www.mackandmesh.co.uk/) , and if you want to see what the show entails check out this youtube video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qgZvjhrq-Rw
07-15-2010, 07:36 AM
Find
Xss Offline

Threads: 4
RE: Mack and Mesh: An advertising opportunity?

Oh boy, it's mainly through those guys that I discovered "let's play" videos a long time ago. I'm quite a big fan of them myself, and have to say that I really envy people like Mesh, who truly can be frightened by a game. Smile

Anyway, they launched a new topic on their forum explaining they will not be doing a Let's Play of Amnesia: both of them prefer to stay in legal terms, and even if many footage of Amnesia was released on youtube, they decided to contact Frictional and ask for their permission, which was denied. While I find the decision of Frictional of not allowing another Let's Play of Amnesia a bit odd, I respect it. Not mentioning that now that the box version of the game is available, the publisher would also have his word to say I guess. I also can understand their game has been spoiled enough through the Internet, so better to give people a chance to discover Brennenburg Castle by themselves! Smile
04-14-2011, 10:24 PM
Find
hollowleviathan Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 2

Very upstanding of them to contact Frictional and then respect their wishes.
04-15-2011, 01:42 AM
Find
gandalf91 Offline

Threads: 13

(04-15-2011, 01:42 AM)hollowleviathan Wrote: Very upstanding of them to contact Frictional and then respect their wishes.

Agreed...though I don't really understand why he was denied, as mentioned before, there are hundreds of other lets plays of the game out there already.
04-18-2011, 03:28 PM
Find
Xss Offline

Threads: 4

Turns out it was apparently a big "scam" and they ARE doing Amnesia for their next series...Nothing is sure yet, but we'll see! Smile
05-31-2011, 12:24 AM
Find