Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Penumbra Black Plague crashing. (possible spoilers)
Cirno Offline

Threads: 1
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month, 3 Weeks ago Penumbra Black Plague crashing. (possible spoilers)

Alright, first off I want to say that these games are amazing and everyone at Frictional did a great job.

The problem I'm having is after using the key card to get into the Research Room the game either shows as a black screen and keeps repeating the same sound file over and over again 'till I ctrl alt del out of it or it freezes at a screen where my character is stuck in the floor with the same sound of creaking metal stuck on repeat. I tried setting different audio options and it still does that I even tried picking an earlier save and going through it again but it still happens.

My specs are:

Q9450
ATi Radeon HD5870
4GB DDR3
HT Omega Claro Plus+

I'm up to date on my audio drives and on my video drivers i'm on the latest WHQL certified ones, not on the newest ones because those are beta and I dislike beta drivers.

Any help would be great. Thanks in advance.
07-16-2010, 11:25 PM
Find
Cirno Offline

Threads: 1
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month, 3 Weeks ago RE: Penumbra Black Plague crashing. (possible spoilers)

Scratch that, I just went back and entered the key card a third time and it worked.

and I just beat the game.

Awesome game.

Sorry for this wasted thread.
07-17-2010, 01:21 AM
Find