Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My custom story is not showing up
hannah129
Unregistered

My custom story is not showing up

I've searched all over the site, and found a few answers to this but none seem to work. Basically, I've created a custom story but when I open Amnesia, it doesn't show up in the custom stories menu. I've got the extra_english.lang file, and the custom_story_settings.cfg, as well as the maps, entities, sounds etc folders. It's set up like other custom stories I've downloaded that DO work, but for some reason, mine just isn't showing up. I'm using a Macbook.

Here's the inside my custom_story_settings.cfg file

<Main
ImgFile = "customstory.png"
Name = “1942”
Author = “Hannah129”

MapsFolder = "maps/"
StartMap = “01_start.map”
StartPos = "PlayerStartArea_1"
/>

and here's the extra_english.lang one (i've just started so it hasn't got much in yet)

<LANGUAGE>
<RESOURCES>
</RESOURCES>

<CATEGORY Name=“CustomStoryMain”>
<Entry Name="Description"> The year is 1942. Charlie McConnor is a young man living in France. The Germans have bombed France with a gas that, once exposed to, turns people into mindless, evil creatures. Your best friend Max was a scientist long before the war began, and now he claims to have an antidote. Max is in hiding because the Germans found out he has an antidote. You have to find Max and save France. </Entry>

</CATEGORY>

</LANGUAGE>

Can anybody please help me? Confused
09-29-2015, 05:01 AM
A.M Team Offline
Banned

Threads: 63
RE: My custom story is not showing up

I would recommend you copy another custom stories configuration file and put in your stuff inside the sections. Saves you a lot of grease work!
09-29-2015, 06:11 AM
Find
Romulator Offline
Not Tech Support ;-)

(09-29-2015, 05:01 AM)hannah129 Wrote: Here's the inside my custom_story_settings.cfg file
<Main
Name = “1942”
Author = “Hannah129”

MapsFolder = "maps/"
StartMap = “01_start.map”
/>
(09-29-2015, 05:01 AM)hannah129 Wrote: <LANGUAGE>
<RESOURCES>
</RESOURCES>

<CATEGORY Name=“CustomStoryMain”>
<Entry Name="Description"> The year is 1942. Charlie McConnor is a young man living in France. The Germans have bombed France with a gas that, once exposed to, turns people into mindless, evil creatures. Your best friend Max was a scientist long before the war began, and now he claims to have an antidote. Max is in hiding because the Germans found out he has an antidote. You have to find Max and save France. </Entry>

</CATEGORY>

</LANGUAGE>

In both of your custom_story_settings.cfg and your extra_english.lang, you seem to have strange quotation marks. Notice, for example, the difference between the "customstory.png" and the “1942”? Try changing them to these:

Spoiler below!
<Main
    Name = "1942"
    Author = "Hannah129"

MapsFolder = "maps/"
    StartMap = "01_start.map"
/>

<LANGUAGE>
    <RESOURCES>
    </RESOURCES>
    <CATEGORY Name="CustomStoryMain">

</CATEGORY>

</LANGUAGE>

Also be sure to check the resources.cfg file, which should be in the same folder as Amnesia.exe. Make sure somewhere in there, you have a line which looks like this:

<Directory Path="/custom_stories" AddSubDirs="true" />

That should fix it. Just remember though, if you have any more problems, it is better to post them in the Development Support section of the forums. Your problems are more likely to be noticed there!

Discord: Romulator#0001
[Image: 3f6f01a904.png]
(This post was last modified: 09-29-2015, 06:50 AM by Romulator.)
09-29-2015, 06:42 AM
Find
hananh129
Unregistered

Thank you so much, Romulator!! Angel
09-29-2015, 08:42 AM
Romulator Offline
Not Tech Support ;-)

No problem Smile Good luck with your Custom Story!

Discord: Romulator#0001
[Image: 3f6f01a904.png]
09-29-2015, 08:53 AM
Find