Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Kitchen & bathroom stuff?
giupviecfree Offline

Threads: 1
Kitchen & bathroom stuff?

I browsed for quite a bit without going too deep into the board, and I couldn't find any downloads for any of this. But I have found a timelapse vid on youtube of someone building a kitchen, which I think was made with models from Penumbra. Is there a download somewhere? I could really use the kitchen stuff now for the mansion I'm working on, and will eventually need to build bathrooms too.

(This post was last modified: 04-06-2016, 09:05 AM by giupviecfree.)
01-02-2016, 08:25 PM
Find
CarnivorousJelly Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 41
RE: Kitchen & bathroom stuff?

(01-02-2016, 08:25 PM)giupviecfree Wrote: I browsed for quite a bit without going too deep into the board, and I couldn't find any downloads for any of this. But I have found a timelapse vid on youtube of someone building a kitchen, which I think was made with models from Penumbra. Is there a download somewhere? I could really use the kitchen stuff now for the mansion I'm working on, and will eventually need to build bathrooms too.

Check out AMFP's assets, I know that has bathroom models including tubs, toilets, and sinks.

For the kitchen, it wouldn't be too hard to repurpose some of the bathroom assets and "make" the rest yourself. I personally like the side panelling from AMFP when I make counters, a plane with tile textures can make a pretty decent counter top, and you could scale down some closets for cupboards. Alternatively, you could use boards and beams from ptest (Justine patch for TDD) to make counters and panelling.

Hopefully that helps!

Also, for future reference, post your questions and requests for help in the support section: https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/forum-39.html

[Image: quote_by_rueppells_fox-d9ciupp.png]
(This post was last modified: 01-02-2016, 08:47 PM by CarnivorousJelly.)
01-02-2016, 08:44 PM
Find
Mudbill Offline
Muderator

Threads: 59

How modern are you looking for? Refrigirators, ovens, microwaves? If so, that might be difficult to fetch from AMFP.

Is it possible to import SOMA's assets? I've yet to try.

01-02-2016, 10:05 PM
Find
Spelos Away
Banned

Threads: 19

Yes, Mudbill...
Though entities will need to be re-made in Amnesia's Model Editor, the model format is still the same. .dae with .dds textures using UV texturing. You can go to your Model View and browse right into the SOMA's directory and the models work.
01-03-2016, 05:54 PM
Find
Mudbill Offline
Muderator

Threads: 59

I thought so. In that case if OP has SOMA, they could import them and use them.

01-03-2016, 09:46 PM
Find
CarnivorousJelly Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 41

HPL3 has colour-based specularity unlike HPL2

Not sure if that will actually affect anything, but you may need to change or remove specularity textures (the "name"_spec.dds files) from the materials on SOMA assets. Check if it works without tweaking them first though Smile

[Image: quote_by_rueppells_fox-d9ciupp.png]
(This post was last modified: 01-04-2016, 10:08 PM by CarnivorousJelly.)
01-04-2016, 10:07 PM
Find
Spelos Away
Banned

CarnivorousJelly...
Colored specularity is usually used for metal objects. Usually tinted to orange or even blue. You could very well use any color to get a different effect...

Amnesia is in my opinion capable of using it. The fact that it's more visible in SOMA might be because it has much more metalic objects throughout the game, which makes sense.
01-05-2016, 02:06 PM
Find
Traggey Offline
is mildly amused

Threads: 74

Your opinion?

THat's, that's not how it works.
No, Amnesia can NOT use it because amnesia is set up in such a way that the different colour channels of the specular map are used for different things, R is the specular map, and G is the gloss map.

Making it litteraly impossible to use coloured specs with the amnesia engine, as all it does is read the different channels as greyscale.

And what Jelly was saying wasn't a quesiton as to how specs are used, but she merely stated that HPL3 and HPL2 handles specular maps differently, and for objects to transfer into HPL2 properly, you'd need to convert the specular maps into the format HPL2 uses.
(This post was last modified: 01-05-2016, 05:46 PM by Traggey.)
01-05-2016, 05:41 PM
Find
Spelos Away
Banned

Traggey...
Chill, yes in my opinion. I used a colored specularity texture on my own models when I wanted to achieve that metal look. It was suggested by CrazyBump's specularity option and I found it quite useful.

It is obvious I mistook it with the thing you (and CarnivorousJelly) are talking about.

I thought that it was just the color of a specularity texture.

I see now that it's not the case.
That's why it was "In my opinion", not "as a matter of fact".

I'm no specularity texture expert, I just wanted to share what I learned.
I'm sorry. Huh
01-05-2016, 07:33 PM
Find
Slanderous Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 78

(01-05-2016, 07:33 PM)Spelos Wrote: I'm no specularity texture expert, I just wanted to share what I learned.
I'm sorry. Huh

If you're not a specularity texture expert then why are you talking about specularity textures?
01-05-2016, 08:58 PM
Find