Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[Solution Found In Replies]!}Massive BlackBox Level Loading Error
Newsman Waterpaper Offline

Threads: 20
[Solution Found In Replies]!}Massive BlackBox Level Loading Error

Recently I having this massive error with my mod.
At the end of one level, there is your typical Level Door to transit to the another level.
Every time I use this Level Door it starts loading the next map but it stays on the loading screen for a good while until a blackbox error shows up.
I try loading up the map that was attached to the Level Door through the Main Menu, it works perfectly as intended, no blackbox errors. This is stressing me more than it should, that transition between those 2 levels also happen to be where the first 2 acts of the game join up and it is preventing me from playtesting a good vertical slice of the game.
I have found no helpful solution to this problem on this forum, so if somebody is willing to help, just respond with a possible solution or just say you want help and I'll send you the hpl.log file.

Any actual help is greatly appreciated.
(This post was last modified: 04-04-2016, 03:18 AM by Newsman Waterpaper.)
01-13-2016, 10:49 PM
Find
Mudbill Offline
Muderator

Threads: 59
RE: Massive BlackBox Level Loading Error

Could it be caused by global variables? Does it happen if you load only the first and second map (in case you're play testing from several maps before)? If so, I assume it doesn't happen if you just create a dummy level that transitions to the culprit map? If that is the case, most likely something in the previous map is causing something to hang in the second.

Post the log, it might help.

01-14-2016, 02:17 AM
Find
Newsman Waterpaper Offline

Threads: 20
RE: Massive BlackBox Level Loading Error

Okay I got the solution to this for people who might have the same problem.
First you wanna create a new map and have 5 black planes making a box and then put the player start area in it and save it as whatever but I called it as ProxyMap1.
[Image: rTGZyxz.png]

Then you want to relocate the map that your level door has to ProxyMap1.
Now you have to do some scripting and yous are just copy my code for it and adjust it to suit your needs!

void OnEnter()
{
AddTimer("ChangeLevel", 2.0f, "ChangeLevel");
AddTimer("FadeOutLevel", 1.0f, "FadeOutLevel");
SetInDarknessEffectsActive(false);
SetPlayerActive(false);
FadeOut(0.0f);
FadeIn(1.0f);
}
void FadeOutLevel (string &in asTimer)
{
FadeOut(1.0f);