Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Requiem did not start after resolution changes
Peculiar Offline

Threads: 1
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month, 3 Weeks ago Requiem did not start after resolution changes

Hello!

I bought the PenumbraCollection a couple of days ago and till today everything worked fine (played Overture and Black Plague with 1920*1200 on the latest linux mint - same as Ubuntu 10.04 - )
Then I tried to set the same settings on Requiem. But after the restart I had only a black screen and the Mouse cursor on the screen. Killing the game is also not possible.

First thing I tried was to delete the settings-file. But surprisingly, in the home/myfolder/PenumbraCollection/ directory was no file called settings and no subfolder (reqiuiem) either.

E4400; 8800GTS 512; 2.6.32.21 Isodora Mint Linux

It would be very nice if someone has a solution.
08-11-2010, 08:24 PM
Find
pseudoruprecht Offline

Threads: 0
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month, 3 Weeks ago RE: Requiem did not start after resolution changes

(08-11-2010, 08:24 PM)Peculiar Wrote: First thing I tried was to delete the settings-file. But surprisingly, in the home/myfolder/PenumbraCollection/ directory was no file called settings and no subfolder (reqiuiem) either.

E4400; 8800GTS 512; 2.6.32.21 Isodora Mint Linux

It would be very nice if someone has a solution.

If I'm not mistaken, the config files are in the .frictionalgames hidden directory in your $HOME. The PenumbraCollection directory only contains the binaries.
08-12-2010, 04:48 PM
Find
Peculiar Offline

Threads: 1
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month, 3 Weeks ago RE: Requiem did not start after resolution changes

Thanks a lot!
I found the settings file and deleted it. After that the game worked fine.
I can also play on high resolution. The only thing I changed was the antialiasing - set it from *4 to zero. No errors till then.
08-12-2010, 07:51 PM
Find