Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
what can you exactl do with a "MOD" instead of CS
Amnesiaplayer Offline

Threads: 105
what can you exactl do with a "MOD" instead of CS

I know that with custom story you can only create models maps etc, and for mods, you can create your own...things, like movement, main menu, sounds player make, but what more?!
My plans are actually beng able to have a "Snipe scope" active if you click on something by script etc.
are these things even possible?!
what I want to is having an 2d Animation, and if you stay in the waterthe animation progress further onlike if you stay 3 seconds in the water, the pic activates as a little icy look on the borders of your screen, staying in the water will progress the animation until you froze whole, if you get out the animation doesn't stop but go vice versa.
is that kind of things possible??
01-16-2016, 03:15 PM
Find
Romulator Offline
Not Tech Support ;-)

Threads: 63
RE: what can you exactl do with a "MOD" instead of CS

You can do almost anything as long as it doesn't require editing the .exe. There are certain ways to "go around" or try the next best thing (for example, you cannot make it so your character can swim, but can script him swimming instead).

The screen effects can be done, albeit, is a bit tricky. You'll be wanting to use Sanity Effects. DnALANGE did a tutorial on it. https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/thread-22215.html Your Sniper Scope can be done with the same thing.

Discord: Romulator#0001
[Image: 3f6f01a904.png]
01-16-2016, 03:22 PM
Find