Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Possible issue with non-steam mods
WALP Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 34
Possible issue with non-steam mods

I recently released a mod, but multiple users have been having problems with it on non steam versions of the game.

1 recent issue was reported with one guy being unable to start up his game(using modlauncher), who only managed to get it working if he changed a line in the ressources.cfg, so it points to:

<Directory Path="/mods/assets" AddSubDirs="true"></Directory>

instead of:

<Directory Path="/assets" AddSubDirs="true"></Directory>

Since it seems to work fine for both me and other steam owners of the game, I want to know if this is intended, or if it is a bug with the non-steam versions.

As well using /mods/assets for some reason seems to have the consequence of certain graphics not loading in the terminal audio player, but it loads fine when its just set to /assets.
01-19-2016, 04:04 PM
Find
Mudbill Offline
Muderator

Threads: 59
RE: Possible issue with non-steam mods

The behaviour changes depending on whether you have that line above or below the normal /assets line. Have you tried using just /mods? Is it located at the top or bottom of the resources file? Try the opposite.

01-19-2016, 09:54 PM
Find
WALP Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 34
RE: Possible issue with non-steam mods

sorry it seams this was accidently posted in the wrong directory, meant to post in SOMA development support
01-19-2016, 11:10 PM
Find