Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

2010-06 Tuesday 22nd, Disturbing details regarding the release of "Amnesia: The Dark
Googolplex Offline
Banned

Threads: 246
RE: 2010-06 Tuesday 22nd, Disturbing details regarding the release of "Amnesia: The Dark

Yes, the cover seems unique.
No guns, no monsters and no explosions.
Thomas and Jens are on the right side to create the best games for all times. They are the only ones who knews what real horror is.

Thomas and Jens are superstars!
I Heart Frictional Games until my life is ending!

PS:
Germany will be FIFA World Champion
07-02-2010, 08:31 PM
Find
BeanBandit Offline

Threads: 0
RE: 2010-06 Tuesday 22nd, Disturbing details regarding the release of "Amnesia: The Dark

4 pages of posts and not one person mentions that the original post was practically a collection of H.P. Lovecraft's ideas? (Primarily Pickman's Model) If you people love horror you really need to put your mice and keyboards away for a while and pick up every Lovecraft book or collection you can find. There are a lot available as audiobooks too (Some even voiced by Jeffrey Combs Big Grin)
I haven't watched the trailer yet as I'm still playing through the Penumbra series but I like the idea. Has anyone here played Call of Cthulhu: Dark corners of the Earth?
07-11-2010, 06:57 PM
Find
Googolplex Offline
Banned

Threads: 246

Its a shooting game and the helpless is very important for a horror game. So I did not like games with guns. Frictional Games makes it right and creates games with an own genre. Great physic engine, puzzle games and a very eerie environment are best elements for a good game.

I asked me how Amnesia would be feeling in 3D.
07-11-2010, 07:32 PM
Find
BeanBandit Offline

(07-11-2010, 07:32 PM)Googolplex Wrote: Its a shooting game and the helpless is very important for a horror game.

I agree that too many guns spoils a good horror game. I did like Call of Cthulhu though as it had very few weapons and very interesting effects such as being able to die if your character became too frightened or nervous. Looking at things that would scare or disturb a normal human being would seriously affect your character's heart rate and would blur or twist your vision, make you unable to walk/jump correctly, and make your character's hands/aim very unsteady. I am also a very big fan of the Cthulhu mythos and H.P. Lovecraft so I enjoyed a Cthulhu game being created.
I am enjoying the Penumbra series so far and I see a lot of H.P. Lovecraft style ideas in Amnesia so I am very excited for it to be released.

Edit- July 15, 2010... I just finished Penumbra Black Plague and it was an excellent game. Also, I loved finding the book "At the Mountains of Madness" in the library Smile
07-12-2010, 11:00 PM
Find
rji Offline

(07-12-2010, 11:00 PM)BeanBandit Wrote: Edit- July 15, 2010... I just finished Penumbra Black Plague and it was an excellent game. Also, I loved finding the book "At the Mountains of Madness" in the library Smile

I hope Guillermo del Toro can finally start on the movie now that he has dropped "The Hobbit."

btw: http://www.hplovecraft.com/writings/
08-04-2010, 11:23 PM
Find
Jonez Offline

Threads: 2

Well I played this Call of Cthulhu, and in my opnion... It was crappy. The shooting was pain in the ass(one of the main things in the game) and the atmosphere(or how it was written) was something like a Ps1 game's.
I still havent played it trough because the gameplay is just so suffering and crappy.
That game isnt as nearly same quality than Penumbras.
Well, I quess the story in the Call of Cthulhu is maybe cool, but the gameplay is just simply crappy and the game is not scary at all...
Remember, my opnion.

Jonez
09-02-2010, 10:44 PM
Find