Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
Amnesia The Dark Descent Demo problem
Thomas Offline
Frictional Games

Threads: 184
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago RE: Amnesia The Dark Descent Demo problem

This is a graphics driver issue Im afraid Sad
It freezes when drawing the GUI and I have some idea what it might be, but I will probably need some testing on a card like you to fix it.

I cannot give any more advice right than to either find better drivers or to mix about with settings.

I am going to buy an X-series card in a week or so and then make sure they work. Right now I cannot do anything more Im afraid.

I will pm you if I get any more ideas!
09-03-2010, 03:35 PM
Find
bitzaxp90 Offline

Threads: 31

Dammit..Sad
Well I played without, it works great on highest. It scared the crap out of me at the water part O.O. But now I need lantern and I can't access my inventory and stuff.. oh well, nice demo guys Smile Big Grin
(This post was last modified: 09-03-2010, 04:13 PM by bitzaxp90.)
09-03-2010, 03:36 PM
Find
StrangerV Offline

Threads: 0

Hi.
I came across with the same problem. Here are my graphic card test results (look in this topic http://frictionalgames.com/forum/thread-...ge-17.html ) and hpl_update.log (I deleted first version of log file before game run, it is smaller in size, so don't be surprised).
09-03-2010, 06:46 PM
Find
Getty Offline

When i minimize the demo (steam) the cursor gets stucked in the left up corner of the screen.
Anyone having this issue?
09-03-2010, 06:55 PM
Find
Drumsfellow Offline

Threads: 1

I have a bit of an unusual problem. And I'm not sure if this is supposed to happen (I don't think it is).

The lighting and the particle effects are turned the right way up, but the textures (i.e., everything else) is upside down, as if it has been flipped horizontally. :/

I have tried reducing the graphics, and have updated the drivers (and yes, restarted). Still nothing.

Help?
09-03-2010, 07:04 PM
Find
Hype Offline

Buttons don't work for me too. In menu all is ok, but in new game, when starting words ends i see some plans of this castle and then black screen, music is still playing and no way to exit the game except ctrl+alt+del. I update driver (radeon X1300), tried to run with low video settings and on/off some options, but result is the same. Very sad. Sad
09-03-2010, 10:58 PM
Find
UndeadOmelet Offline

(09-03-2010, 10:58 PM)Hype Wrote: Buttons don't work for me too. In menu all is ok, but in new game, when starting words ends i see some plans of this castle and then black screen, music is still playing and no way to exit the game except ctrl+alt+del. I update driver (radeon X1300), tried to run with low video settings and on/off some options, but result is the same. Very sad. Sad

I'm having a similar problem with my radeon x1600, menus are fine but everything becomes a slide show once the game starts up and none of the keys seem to work. I can hear the opening monologue so I've got that going for me at least.
09-03-2010, 11:57 PM
Find
Torque Offline

Quote:(radeon X1300)
[quote](radeon X1600)[/qoute]
Hmm... I seriously believe this type of cards are not working with Amnesia. I have X1600 too - won't work, black screen, lags. So just deal with it I guess. Sad.
09-04-2010, 12:06 AM
Find
TheIdler Offline

I have similar problems as described in this thread, running a Sapphire Radeon X1950Pro.

First, black screen when starting the game, then very slowly brightening screen and subtitles appear. It takes about 30 seconds to render a single frame. Fixed by disabling the ImageTrail effect from the graphics options.

Second, the game hangs up completely when trying to open any menu in-game. I got tired after a 7 minute wait and killed the game with task manager.
09-04-2010, 12:07 AM
Find
UndeadOmelet Offline

[quote='Torque' pid='31471' dateline='1283555177']
Quote:(radeon X1300)
Quote:(radeon X1600)[/qoute]
Hmm... I seriously believe this type of cards are not working with Amnesia. I have X1600 too - won't work, black screen, lags. So just deal with it I guess. Sad.

One of the developers said he was going to get an x series card in a week or so up thread. I don't think it's completely hopeless quite yet.
09-04-2010, 12:14 AM
Find