Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

All Amnesia demo discussion HERE
RoyaleBeast Offline

Threads: 16
RE: All Amnesia demo discussion HERE

if u wanna see the monster face go to the area were it walks past the doorway and enter right then. Youll see it walk infront of a door. Once it stops head towards the big barrels on the right and walk right next to them until ur at the wall to its right. once ur there stay against that wall and go to the corner its facing. turn on ur lantern and ull see the face in full HD. ill post a pic later
09-03-2010, 08:31 PM
Find
cellar Offline

Threads: 0

Is there any way to disable the insanity effects for mouse control? I don't mind the blurring that happens, but whenever insanity is high it feels like I'm having really bad input lag.
09-03-2010, 08:32 PM
Find
Klarden Offline

Threads: 3

The only thing that disappointed me was, well, dying. I was really looking forward to seeing how failing is implemented in the game after a very interesting blog post on the dev blog and it was disappointing to see that it actually works the same as the simple checkpoint system with hints. Oh well, i can live with that, i still loved what i saw.
Only in the second water part i was surprised that the invisible man ignored "things" i threw in the water, which made the gate opening much harder.
P.S. It would've been so great if you guys finished the intended series of Call of Cthulhu games (after the original devs went bankrupt)... You really "got" it, that feel of madness
09-03-2010, 08:33 PM
Website Find
eliasfrost Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 34

The demo was pretty scary, I thought I found a bug when the meat on the walls hurt you, but I suppose the flesh is meant to damage you?

There was some physics glitches with objects stuck in walls and such but nothing major.

Oh, and the water monster was pretty freaky!

[Image: indiedb_88x31.png]
09-03-2010, 08:34 PM
Find
RoyaleBeast Offline

ok well i guess i found another glitch. In my post on the demo announcement i said i saw the monster standing in front of the door and not moving. but only the second time i played through it. Now i played to there a 4th time. On the 4th time i saw the monsters face using the technique posted above by me. Sadly when i alt tabbed out to take a pic with fraps i couldnt move my mouse so i had to close the game.

So i went back to that a 5th time and the monster went into the door it was standing in front of. So its either a bug or random that it stands there. Most likely a bug. Ill keep trying to get a pic. and yes the 3rd time the monster was standing there as well if ur wondering
09-03-2010, 08:38 PM
Find
runyonqve Offline

The demo was as I expected the game to be: atmospheric and creepy.

I just pre-ordered the game. Can't wait to play this.

Also, thanks Frictional games for releasing the game on Linux. Not even the big name companies do this. Even though I am going to be playing this on Windows 7, I sometimes use Linux, so this is really great.
09-03-2010, 08:42 PM
Find
RoyaleBeast Offline

well ive tryed 6 or 7 times to get it to glitch infront of the door like it did for me 3 times in a row. To bad i couldnt get a pic
09-03-2010, 08:47 PM
Find
Namur Offline

Thanks for the demo guys, very nice that you managed to get it out before the game release.

Liked it alot except for a few very minor gripes:

-The higlighted 'pick up's' - that's a no-no.Dodgy
-Disappointed to see curtains can't be pushed aside to peek at the paintings (or whatever) behind them in those places where it's obvious that there's something behind them.
-While on the subject of paintings, spotted a few cloned ones - another no-no.Dodgy

On the tech side:

-Looks damn good and runs flawlessly and smooth @1920x1200 with everything on/maxed. I'm guessing the demo it's capped at 60, that's what i got from start to finish.
-The rocks bug in the 'dead end' small room - the player shouldn't be allowed to jump on them i guess
-The 'water fiend' - i seem to have noticed a small pathfinding issue with him around the columns area. In one ocasion he just kept 'splashing' over and over in the same place without being able to reach the spot where the flesh decoy had fallen. I had to throw a second decoy a little closer to where he was to 'unstuck' him. I don't know if jumping in the water would have worked aswell, i really didn't felt like trying.

Can't wait for the full game, i'm sure i'll be replaying the hell out of the demo (thanks again for the great timing).

Oh, although not pickable, i'm guessing the broom counts as an easter egg, yes ? Big Grin
09-03-2010, 08:47 PM
Find
BAndrew Offline

Threads: 23

(09-03-2010, 08:20 PM)mtomato Wrote: Moved my post because of "All demo discussion here"

Amazing demo,
not very bug-free though.

As the first thing I did was to glitch through wall... to my death.
spoilered for size
Spoiler below!
[Image: amnesiabug.jpg]

This bug is exactly what I was talking about. It doesn't affect the gameplay much though so I don't think it is very important.

•I have found the answer to the universe and everything, but this sign is too small to contain it.

[Image: k2g44ae]

09-03-2010, 08:52 PM
Find
MassacrMan Offline

Threads: 3

All they need to do is modify the level by adding more rocks on top so you can't get over them.
09-03-2010, 09:10 PM
Find