Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Bugs And More!
Hoplist22 Offline

Threads: 0
RE: Bugs And More!

Yea the mouse locks up in the top left when you alt-tab, so you must close the game b4 you can do anything.

Im not sure if this is a bug but im guessing it is. Theirs one spot in the game where in the corner of a room there is a hole in the wall that leads to a secret passage with some book cases(you know the ones that have the books you must pull out for a puzzle?) when you click on the hole in the wall it says something like "You cant not destroy this with your bare hands" but if you keep clicking it will destroy it's self.

Also if you open a wardrobe with a broom in it, you can grab a hold of the broom and jump, and the broom will sometimes go through the top corners of the wardrobe and get stuck.
09-09-2010, 02:50 AM
Find
Gvaz Offline

Threads: 1

just hit escape then alt tab. It's really annoying to have to do that however.

I wish you could hit enter to accept a profile too when starting a game.

Also I've got some graphics errors as well.

Like the part of the game where you break the stick thats blocking the pulley? based on you looking at it sometimes the game doesnt draw the rope, even though it should be in view.
09-09-2010, 05:33 AM
Find
Spiegelman Offline

Threads: 3

(09-08-2010, 10:59 PM)MulleDK19 Wrote: What I mean is, that you should have it ON. If you have it off, you won't see blurring.

The leaning happens when Daniel is intoxicated and is losing balance.

Yeah, I see what you mean. It went away when I loaded the next area. Tongue I have a couple things that aren't all that important:

1. After entering the Storage zone (I guess I'll call it that), when you head straight down the hall where
Spoiler below!
you place the explosive mixture near the rubble
there's a blocked door in the hall. Obviously it's meant to be blocked, but when I tried to move it, it sort of shifted as if it was clipping with the frame. It was very subtle but noticeable.

Spoiler below!
After triggering the memory at the bottom of the elevator when it crashes
there is a typo during Alexander's subtitles. "Where" is misspelled as "were".

3. Sometimes when I start up the game and the config menu comes up before the actual game loads, my mouse will get stuck in the top left corner (it does this in game when I try to alt-tab, too, but everyone's already reported that).

4. Also in the Storage zone,
Spoiler below!
after you blow the rubble and get to the very end with the two rods on the shelf
I noticed my sound started to crackle a bit. It was distinguishable from the fire crackles, "teeth grinding" as some people put it, and any other sound effects. It wasn't horribly mood killing and returned to normal after I got back into the room just down the stairs with the long divider in the middle.

Edit: 5. Not sure if this intended, but when you go into the Laboratory and go down the stairs near the caved in hallway, there's a bottle of Oil rolling on the floor. If I remember correctly, I think there's a table to the left of it and I think it was placed on there.

I'll be on the look out for more problems when I continue tomorrow or this weekend. Happy pants soiling everyone!
09-09-2010, 06:39 AM
Find
zevv Offline

perpetual motion

Bug? On a number of occasions i've run into some objects that kept on moving, rolling and tumbling. Always smaller objects like bottle tops, inkpots and pieces of broken plates. They just cant lie still, but keep on wiggling until i move them.
09-09-2010, 06:59 AM
Find
Spiegelman Offline

Making this a separate post to bump the topic and continue my list I have above.

6. Near the map room in the Archives, there is (the bug is in the spoiler itself)
Spoiler below!
a breakable wall, and when you click on the wall it says "Fragile, but not breakable by hand." Well I ended up misreading it and thought it was breakable by hand, so I clicked on it maybe about five times and it broke.

7. I'm guessing this is intentional, but within a certain proximity to monsters they glow a faint blue, like items. I can understand items being highlighted when you're, but monsters? Just thought it was a bit weird.
09-09-2010, 09:27 PM
Find
Gvaz Offline

I did that a few times and it didn't break. I just went and threw a chair at it
09-09-2010, 09:45 PM
Find
Spiegelman Offline

(09-09-2010, 09:45 PM)Gvaz Wrote: I did that a few times and it didn't break. I just went and threw a chair at it

Yeah I need to test it again... but I know for sure I didn't throw anything at it or having anything in my hand. I would have never noticed if I hadn't watched a Let's Play earlier. I may test it again on my second play-through, assuming it's not fixed by then.
09-09-2010, 10:12 PM
Find
Nagga Offline

I found a bug in the area where you're first stalked by the water horror. I didn't get a screenshot so I painted out the layout on the attached file

It's got a small key to help demonstrate the layout.

.jpg   untitled.JPG (Size: 37.92 KB / Downloads: 127)

The crimson red lines over the Red box near the lever is a area of organic tissue that's stretched over the box.

If you stand on top of the red box while walking into it from the box I've marked with a turquoise dot in the middle, the water horror will continually splash about 5 times a second at the area I've marked with with a blue cross.

It's not much of a bug and I don't know if it's been mentioned before in this thread but it's just something I came across that I might as well note.
09-09-2010, 10:19 PM
Find
grzywacz Offline

So yeah, I've managed to push myself out from the map and fall into infinity below while pulling a heavy piece of wood in the wine cellar. I guess its mass pushed me through the wall I approached walking backwards or something. Kind of killed the immersion and stuff... Angry
09-09-2010, 10:37 PM
Find
sacroid Offline

Threads: 11

I found an epic bug, my sanity was at "..." and I fell off to the ground, because an enemy was near, and suddenly I fall down, passing through the floor going to the infinite world, underneath the level lol, it kept falling until he touched invisible floor and died :O.

09-10-2010, 12:27 AM
Find