Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Missing/Moved objects on saved games/after death.
leedavis Offline

Threads: 1
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month, 4 Weeks ago Missing/Moved objects on saved games/after death.

First, love all the games, and the demo is scary and fun.

Second, when I die...all the things I moved or collected are gone or are where I left them before I died.

Example 1: oil for my lantern is no longer in the spot were it should be when starting a new game. So I pick up the oil...then die. On reload, the oil is gone, and I can't get it any more

Example 2: In the Cellar Archive level, if you move the crates (throw them or pick them up and move them) then die, they don't reload in their original location. Instead they are were you put them last.

Shouldn't the auto saves restore the map items???
09-04-2010, 07:40 PM
Find
jens Offline
Frictional Games

Threads: 199
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month, 4 Weeks ago RE: Missing/Moved objects on saved games/after death.

It's not a save system like that, it puts you back at a checkpoint, but all progress (good or bad) is kept and some things can change in the level, or specific event occur due to the death.
09-04-2010, 08:07 PM
Website Find
superluser Offline

Threads: 3
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month, 4 Weeks ago RE: Missing/Moved objects on saved games/after death.

(09-04-2010, 08:07 PM)jens Wrote: It's not a save system like that, it puts you back at a checkpoint, but all progress (good or bad) is kept and some things can change in the level, or specific event occur due to the death.

So this is working as designed?

That's good, though it does make the water monster easier to deal with.
09-04-2010, 10:42 PM
Find
leedavis Offline

Threads: 1

So, in other words...if I used up my oil for the lantern...then die...i'm stuck in the dark for the rest of that level???

That sucks!
09-05-2010, 05:17 AM
Find