Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

The sound is NOT teeth grinding
PerfectBlue Offline

Threads: 12
The sound is NOT teeth grinding

EDIT: Jen has confirmed the sound is NOT teeth grinding. This makes sense because towards the end, when your sanity is all but depleted, the sound becomes greatly exaggerated and magnified.[Image: Crablegs.png]

Original message before Edit:When Daniel is placed in the darkness, and his sanity begins to decrease, the insensity and frequency of the teeth grinding noise really becomes unnerving. This alone is unsettling, although I found the noise to be extremly exaggerated.

Anyone else find it unnerving as well?
09-05-2010, 07:20 PM
Find
membrain Offline

Threads: 4
RE: Well done on the teeth grinding sound

Hi PerfectBlue,

when I first heard the sound I wondered about it. I thought someone is rustling with paper. It took me about half an hour until I recognized the sound to be teeth grinding. Big Grin It doesn't unnerve me but to be honest its disruptive sound makes me want to delete the teeth grinding file. That's for sure no real sound from teeth. Wink

membrain
09-05-2010, 07:47 PM
Find
RMJ Offline

Threads: 4

teeth grinding? seriously? I thought it was like maggot eating into his head, as a part of the sanity.

interesting indeed.
09-05-2010, 09:50 PM
Find
PerfectBlue Offline

On second thought after playing through the demo several more times I am finding the noise rather distracting and annoying. Moreover, it does not sound like teeth grinding at all.
09-06-2010, 01:09 AM
Find
nofsky Offline

Threads: 13

Is that what it is? I thought it was the sound of a person eating a cracker. Tongue
09-06-2010, 01:13 AM
Find
Sexbad Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 40

I didn't recognize any teeth-grinding sound so I went in-game to check. That's teeth-grinding? I thought it was supposed to be the character's ears popping. Like when you close your eyes really tight.

[Image: jao3z.jpg]
09-06-2010, 01:17 AM
Website Find
PerfectBlue Offline

bump with new information
09-06-2010, 06:57 PM
Find
Yuhaney Offline
Hello Friends!

Threads: 100
RE: The sound is NOT teeth grinding

I think it's meant to be sound like footsteps.
That's what I heard when stayed too long in the darkness... but then again, that's just me.

09-06-2010, 07:11 PM
Website Find
PerfectBlue Offline

(09-06-2010, 07:11 PM)Scraper Wrote: I think it's meant to be sound like footsteps.
That's what I heard when stayed too long in the darkness... but then again, that's just me.

No, definitely no that either. Remain in the darkness until your sanity reads "..." it will sound like pulling a crab apart or bones snapping.
09-06-2010, 07:23 PM
Find
onewolf Offline

Threads: 2

I also found that sound effect (whatever it is, I also assumed after a while that it was teeth grinding) distracting and unreasonably loud. I don't mind having a teeth-grinding effect, but it would be nice if it sounded more like teeth-grinding and had the volume turned way down. As it is now, it's very loud and obtrusive.
09-07-2010, 04:06 AM
Find