Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Demo Issue Black screen
JordanTate Offline

Threads: 1
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month, 3 Weeks ago Demo Issue Black screen

Since installing I have encountered a major problem. The demo starts fine, I get to the main menu, Create profile and start a new game. Upon doing so the game loads "Daniel" and his speech. The subtitles lag, reading the previous line when its already onto the next. Eventually a candle fades in and a dim view of a room, Daniel finishes his speech, the game fades back out into a totally blank screen and bam... nothing.
From there i must close the game through task manager, which says the game is not responding.

Ive tried numerous things, changing graphical settings all to low including resolution. Turned v sync off. Turned SSAO to 4 samples and even off. Re downloaded and reinstalled, defragged, deleted .CFG file rebooted pc and left settings on default. I havent tried installing drivers, I did check for new drivers but the most recent for my card was back in Febuary and they are already installed. Nothing is working and always the same problem.

My system specs are as follows, and to my belief they are more than the requirments:

Intel Q6600 CPU @ 2.4ghz (4 CPU's)
3 Gigs of RAM
ATI X1950XTX 512mb

Help me find a solution for this fustrating problem thanks!
09-05-2010, 09:15 PM
Find
Hype Offline

Threads: 0
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month, 3 Weeks ago RE: Demo Issue Black screen

It's affected some ATI cards users, already discussing here http://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/thread-3728.html
09-05-2010, 09:32 PM
Find
JordanTate Offline

(09-05-2010, 09:32 PM)Hype Wrote: It's affected some ATI cards users, already discussing here http://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/thread-3728.html

Thanks for replying
I looked at that thread, nothing really helped find a solution though Undecided
So still at square one.
Any ideas?
09-05-2010, 09:41 PM
Find
Hype Offline

Threads: 0

No ideas yet, except
Quote:Try disabling ImageTrail effect from the advanced graphics menu (via the main menu, not the launcher).

Won't help with the game hanging up when opening menus in-game, though.

Waiting for Thomas...
09-05-2010, 10:18 PM
Find
JordanTate Offline

(09-05-2010, 10:18 PM)Hype Wrote: No ideas yet, except
Quote:Try disabling ImageTrail effect from the advanced graphics menu (via the main menu, not the launcher).

Won't help with the game hanging up when opening menus in-game, though.

Waiting for Thomas...

I disabled image trails and managed to get some gameplay, The mouse was working, walking around and peaking around doorways worked fine, but after 30 seconds of gameplay, I tried opening the journal and it froze. I rebooted, and tried other things such as hitting escape to quit and it also froze.
The mouse sticks in the left hand corner of the screen and makes it aukward to close with task manager.
Game runs nice and smooth on high from what ive played, so no performance issues after disabling image trail apart from it being unplayable when trying to open journel and such.
09-06-2010, 09:24 AM
Find