Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Missing Location of Amnesia.exe??
WhatAreThose Offline

Threads: 1
Missing Location of Amnesia.exe??

Hi guys. It's my first time making an account and new thread on the forums of Frictional Games. I played Amnesia: The Dark Descent for a month. I've already completed the main story and I went on to the custom stories. I tried this custom story called "White Night". I know everyone is familiar with this story. I downloaded the .zip file and placed it in the redist folder. I'm not a steam user, so I don't have the steam folder, etc. But it didn't work. By this time, the redist folder was already messed up, so I uninstalled the game and all its files, then installed it again. I turned the game on, but I lost many .dll files, so I recovered all files, one by one. But this message popped up, " The procedure entry point SDL_GetWMInfo could not be located in thr dynamic link library C:\Program Files (x86)\Amnesia - The Dark Descent\redist\New folder\Amnesia.exe." Can someone help me what should I do about this problem. I would be really glad. Thanks!
01-31-2016, 08:45 AM
Find
Romulator Offline
Not Tech Support ;-)

Threads: 63
RE: Missing Location of Amnesia.exe??

Try grabbing a Software Update from here: http://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/thread-24334.html

Then try reinstalling White Night the correct way :3

Discord: Romulator#0001
[Image: 3f6f01a904.png]
01-31-2016, 08:53 AM
Find
WhatAreThose Offline

(01-31-2016, 08:53 AM)Romulator Wrote: Try grabbing a Software Update from here: http://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/thread-24334.html

Then try reinstalling White Night the correct way :3

Thanks for replying fast!
This is the exact site where I got my Amnesia + Justine.
After uninstalling the game, I downloaded it again from here.
Sad I can't find any solutions to this problem.
Help me plsss........
I luv Amnesia.

(01-31-2016, 08:53 AM)Romulator Wrote: Since the game is already updated to 1.3.1, then you should have downloaded the 1.3 tools (which I believe are at the very top of that page).

Did you place all the contents of the .zip into the correct spot (Which should be C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/Amnesia - The Dark Descent/)? That includes the editor and viewer folders.

Have you tried a Steam Integrity Check?
Right-Click the game in your Steam library
Click "Properties"
Navigate to "Local Files" tab
Click "Verify integrity of game cache"

If there are any properly missing .dlls from the core game, that should fix that.
You said this like really before, last year.
You wrote this for someone that encountered the same problem, but on steam. You were able to help him. Can you also repeat this message but for non-steam users? I would really appreciate it. Smile
01-31-2016, 08:58 AM
Find
Romulator Offline
Not Tech Support ;-)

If there are missing dll files, then your installation must have interrupted at some point. A file integrity check in Steam is essentially a reinstallation of missing/corrupted files, which, because it cannot be done with a non-steam version, you're better to just reinstall your retail over the 1.0 directory, then update again to 1.3.1.

01-31-2016, 11:43 AM
Find
WhatAreThose Offline

(01-31-2016, 11:43 AM)Romulator Wrote: If there are missing dll files, then your installation must have interrupted at some point. A file integrity check in Steam is essentially a reinstallation of missing/corrupted files, which, because it cannot be done with a non-steam version, you're better to just reinstall your retail over the 1.0 directory, then update again to 1.3.1.
I give up, I don't understand you. Dodgy
01-31-2016, 11:56 AM
Find
A.M Team Offline
Banned

TL; DR:

Uninstall Amnesia, Install it again, Update it with the Patch
01-31-2016, 12:30 PM
Find
WhatAreThose Offline

(01-31-2016, 12:30 PM)TheDoctorPoo Wrote: TL; DR:

Uninstall Amnesia, Install it again, Update it with the Patch

What patch do you mean?
01-31-2016, 01:50 PM
Find
Romulator Offline
Not Tech Support ;-)

The 1.3.1 update which can be found here on the forums.

1.3.1 doesn't contain every file needed for Amnesia. It merely updates and replaces certain files which were released with your retail copy.

01-31-2016, 02:39 PM
Find
WhatAreThose Offline

(01-31-2016, 02:39 PM)Romulator Wrote: The 1.3.1 update which can be found here on the forums.

1.3.1 doesn't contain every file needed for Amnesia. It merely updates and replaces certain files which were released with your retail copy.
Sorry for my poor understanding of these computer stuff, but can you guys give me a step-by-step instructions on what should I do. Because I already tried everything that I could, but it doesn't seem to work. I already reinstalled Amnesia, but it didn't replaced the missing files. I'm totally bummed. Big Grin Thanks again, for everything.
01-31-2016, 03:36 PM
Find
Mudbill Offline
Muderator

Threads: 59

1. Uninstall the game, then also delete the folder in case there are any files left.
2. Install the game again. Feel free to test it to make sure it works before updating.
3. Download the 1.3.1 update from here. Install it in the same place as where Amnesia is installed.

01-31-2016, 06:10 PM
Find