Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mouse is forever captured
xvpower Offline

Threads: 1
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month, 3 Weeks ago Mouse is forever captured

On my latest play through of the demo I had alt tabbed to try to accomplish another task while the game was in progress. That seems to have trapped my mouse cursor in the upper left hand corner of my screen! And it would not be relinquished until I alt tabbed back into Amnesia and exited the game.

I can reproduce this with 100% success rate as well, it is kind of a killer on multitasking but nothing I can't live with.
09-07-2010, 01:38 PM
Find
mtomato Offline

Threads: 0
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month, 3 Weeks ago RE: Mouse is forever captured

It is quite annoying indeed.
I had to use my keyboard to start FRAPS.

Interestingly, when FRAPS window was active, I could freely move my mouse cursor, but once I clicked elsewhere, the cursor would be stuck to top-left corner again.
09-07-2010, 02:24 PM
Find
kenoxite Offline

Threads: 2

The problem persists in the final version.

I just started the game and after a few tinkering with the in-game options the mouse wasn't totally responsive: I was able to move the mouse around but it didn't registered any clicks (so I wasn't able to Quit).

I Alt-Tabbed out and noticed that the mouse was stuck in the top left corner of the desktop area. From time to time I was able to move it diagonally but as soon as it reached the end of the (hidden) Amnesia window (848x480) it reset to that corner.

The problem here is that I wasn't able to quit the application. The in-game quit menu didn't register the clicks, and I wasn't able to use the Windows Task Manager because the mouse pointer was trapped in a corner.

I also have a digital tablet connected to my system, so I was finally able to use the Task Manager with my pen and close the game, which restored the mouse to its natural state.

A fix to this would be more than welcomed. Also, please, add the option to Alt+F4 your games. If I hadn't have a digital tablet I would have been forced to restart my computer in order to close Amnesia, which doesn't seem to be most elegant solution, if you ask me.

Now, back to the game. I hope Amnesia allows me to play it this time. All I've seen so far is the menu and a crazy mouse pointer.
09-08-2010, 08:45 AM
Find
onewolf Offline

Threads: 2

Just a quick comment, you don't need your mouse to kill tasks in TaskMan. Ctrl+Shift+Esc to open it, arrows/tab to navigate. Good thing to know =)
09-10-2010, 11:22 PM
Find
thePyro13 Offline

Threads: 0

(09-10-2010, 11:22 PM)onewolf Wrote: Just a quick comment, you don't need your mouse to kill tasks in TaskMan. Ctrl+Shift+Esc to open it, arrows/tab to navigate. Good thing to know =)
Useful in the released version. The demo would maximise itself again over the top if I pressed enter, even though task man had focus. Sad

Another annoying mouse problem is that the launcher will push the mouse to the top left of the screen when it opens. It isn't stuck though, its just annoying.

+1 for Alt-F4 support. Being able to close the game at will is handy. Though they may need to add a prompt to save when exiting though this manner.
09-11-2010, 03:13 AM
Find