Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Pre-order no longer has Steam activation?
Viking Offline

Threads: 6
Pre-order no longer has Steam activation?

I've just been humming and haaing about buying it (what with lack of funds) and there's something about having a DRM free and a Steam copy all at once made my mind up to spend an extra £2 directly from FG (at the last minute of course).

Can it be confirmed if there is still a steam activation when purchasing from FG now, or not?
09-07-2010, 05:11 PM
Find
Yuhaney Offline
Hello Friends!

Threads: 100
RE: Pre-order no longer has Steam activation?

Yes, Amnesia bought through Frictional Games' online store has Steam activation as well.

09-07-2010, 05:15 PM
Website Find
jens Offline
Frictional Games

Threads: 199

Yes, all pre-orders get a Steam key. I have removed the text about it from the Amnesia website because there will not be Steam keys for the "regular game" when it is released tomorrow, so not to confuse people that they will get a Steam key if buying tomorrow.

So again, a pre-order placed today will get a Steam key, but as soon as it does not say pre-order any longer in our store, you do not get a Steam key.
09-07-2010, 05:16 PM
Website Find
Conorr Offline

Threads: 5

I just activated my key to steam which was pre-ordered from FG site. So yes it does get a steam key.
09-07-2010, 05:29 PM
Find
Viking Offline

Cool. I was away to buy it after reading all that but the order added VAT afterwards. Now it costs £14.61 which, as far as conversion rates go, equates to just over $22, which is dearer than the standard advertised price!

Not buying from FG with those misleading prices!
09-07-2010, 07:16 PM
Find
wcer Offline

Threads: 7

(09-07-2010, 07:16 PM)Viking Wrote: Cool. I was away to buy it after reading all that but the order added VAT afterwards. Now it costs £14.61 which, as far as conversion rates go, equates to just over $22, which is dearer than the standard advertised price!

Not buying from FG with those misleading prices!

You can choose your currency in the FG store (near the top of the page), I don't recall having to pay any tax on my Canadian order but even if I did I would hardly blame FG for that nor deem it "misleading".

At a glance it looks to be a flat $18 USD from them.

*Edit: I see if you live in a place that actually has VAT then yes, you pay extra. Again I'm not sure why this is FG's fault.
09-07-2010, 07:19 PM
Find
Conorr Offline

Threads: 5

Any penny that goes into Fricitonal Games pocket brightens the chances of another game realese..i dont see the problem here unless your a troll.
09-07-2010, 07:25 PM
Find
Viking Offline

Yeah I tried that and it still taxed it.

I wasn't blaming FG directly (I mean they just make the games!), just that it should have been advertised as prices excluding VAT.
09-07-2010, 07:26 PM
Find
Gvaz Offline

Threads: 1

When is taxes ever advertised, until you have the thing in your shopping cart? Nowhere, VAT is your EU problem, hardly anywhere else you aren't charged taxes online.
09-07-2010, 08:49 PM
Find