Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Can you turn off the monsters on the PS4 version?
scaramoosh Offline

Threads: 1
Can you turn off the monsters on the PS4 version?

I was enjoying the game up until the wonky stealth mechanics came into play. I'm not going to play any further unless I can turn them off....

Thanx.
02-13-2016, 07:38 PM
Find
A.M Team Offline
Banned

Threads: 63
RE: Can you turn off the monsters on the PS4 version?

Modding SOMA on the PS4 is possible but currently cannot be done without some raw "opening-hardware-and-hacking-the-software" wizardry.

Sorry you can't enjoy the game now. Undecided

If you plan on buying it for a PC you can download this: (https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/f...=560988617) It works for Steam and GOG.
02-13-2016, 08:00 PM
Find
WALP Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 34

Would be interesting to see to see if some mods like no monsters one could be added to PS4 Given they are stable enough
02-13-2016, 08:14 PM
Find
scaramoosh Offline

It doesn't have to be a mod, I was hoping for some option somewhere that I'm missing. Maybe they can patch it in at a later date?
02-14-2016, 10:40 AM
Find
A.M Team Offline
Banned

Threads: 63

Story Time:

Frictional Games were alpha testing SOMA with close friends and acquaintances (including some people from the forums). According to sources the game had little monster encounters. People reacted negatively to this saying it was some sort of 'walking simulator'.

So Frictional had one or two years to write, design, model, rig, animate, import and implement monsters in a meaningful way into the game (which probably explains why Art Bully was called in to model the enemies). Hence the clumsy mechanics.

I for one liked the monsters as they can be put to good use in the modding community and hopefully would create better mechanics in the future.
02-14-2016, 12:53 PM
Find
Noble81 Offline

Well I enjoyed the encounters, without them it would have been a walking simulation Smile
02-15-2016, 07:30 PM
Find
Argoon Offline

Threads: 5

If you are enjoying the game you will surpass the monsters, you can't really disable the monsters on this game without breaking it, specially the later ones, common push your self, try to beat the monsters you will enjoy the game much more i guaranty you, and spoiler alert and just to ease your fear... they can't really kill you, they just make you slow and blur your vision a little, you don't need to restart all again, they aren't really that hard also, and not because i'm used to them, is because Soma monsters are really more easy then the Amnesia ones, you just need to know some rules, do not to look at them for to long, throw objects away to distract them, crouch and stick into the dark corners or behind objects, they are really quite blind, you can be behind a table totally visible in real life and they don't see you, rule of thumb for Frictional games monsters DON'T look at them for more then 2 or 3 seconds.
03-14-2016, 07:13 PM
Find
GhylTarvoke Offline

Threads: 14

Spoiler below!
They can kill you, but usually require 2-3 hits.

It's funny - I used to find the monsters difficult, but now I find them easy. In some cases (Robot Girl, Yoshida), it's because I learned their mechanics, but in others (Flesher), I think I just got braver.
03-15-2016, 01:21 AM
Find
GrAVit Offline

Threads: 15

Personally, I loved the amount of tension the monsters brought in the game. I have some fond memories of those encounters, being scared to death!

To be honest, I don't think think FG will patch something like that into the game considering that the monsters themselves are a pretty central part of the game's gameplay mechanics and many scenes' potencies are completely dependent on them.

On the PC however, there exists a mod to make the monsters harmless.

03-19-2016, 09:22 PM
Find