Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Post-mortem on release?
CharlesDexterWard Offline

Threads: 1
Post-mortem on release?

After hearing the heart breaking news of Frictional Games almost going broke I would love for the developers to do a blog post in the future on a post-mortem of Amnesia in terms of sales. I think I and many others would love to hear how Amnesia is doing sales-wise, with the amount of great review response one would think it will do great or at least we all hope so.

It would be a good way of showing just how successful Amnesia was. As for my part I got a lot of people interested in the game and buying it. I would hate to see Frictional fold or be swallowed up by a publisher, both outcomes would have the same result, no longer would Frictional be able to produce the games we love.
09-08-2010, 04:42 PM
Find
superluser Offline

Threads: 3
RE: Post-mortem on release?

(09-08-2010, 04:42 PM)CharlesDexterWard Wrote: After hearing the heart breaking news of Frictional Games almost going broke I would love for the developers to do a blog post in the future on a post-mortem of Amnesia in terms of sales. I think I and many others would love to hear how Amnesia is doing sales-wise, with the amount of great review response one would think it will do great or at least we all hope so.

Not gonna happen. Not until a little bit after the initial release. Good sales figures might cause some people to put off buying this because Frictional doesn't need it right now, and others might decide not to buy it if it doesn't sell well enough. Neither group is significantly more likely to not buy the game if that information is unavailable. Only if the sales were much better than people had expected can we expect to see any mention of it now.

Add to that the fact that Frictional probably doesn't have any good numbers as to how many copies were sold, having to collate sales numbers from several sources (Steam, FG store, retail in Russia, am I missing any) that are fluctuating rapidly due to high volumes right now.

We might see some official statistics in a week or in a month, but now it would serve no purpose.
09-08-2010, 04:56 PM
Find
CharlesDexterWard Offline

Threads: 1
RE: Post-mortem on release?

(09-08-2010, 04:56 PM)superluser Wrote: Not gonna happen. Not until a little bit after the initial release.

Oh yes, I understand it, I was thinking more on a far future rather than a near one or at least a word saying the game was successful enough to keep Frictional alive and well.
09-08-2010, 05:13 PM
Find