Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

No way to restore sanity other than solving puzzles?
NGW Offline

Threads: 13
RE: No way to restore sanity other than solving puzzles?

Making progress in general also restores a bit of sanity I believe.

[Image: ngweyesigcopy.jpg]
09-09-2010, 01:35 AM
Find
guitarxe Offline

Threads: 2

What I've noticed is that, even though my sanity stayed at "...", after standing in a well-lit place for a bit the "laggy" controls went away and I could at least see things and move around.
09-09-2010, 02:00 AM
Find
Mikezila Offline

Threads: 5

I've ended up at "..." twice so far, and both times I lit the lantern and walked for a bit, and next time I opened my inventory for something it was back at "Heart and head pounding, hands shaking." I'm guessing that if you fall to the danger zone you have to deal with it for a small while as a punishment, but you eventually recover to a somewhat functional state.

I also had no idea that losing your mind gave the enemies rollerskates and night vision. I'll keep that in mind.
09-09-2010, 06:21 AM
Find
PerfectBlue Offline

Threads: 12

(09-09-2010, 06:21 AM)Mikezila Wrote: I also had no idea that losing your mind gave the enemies rollerskates and night vision. I'll keep that in mind.

I lol'd.
09-09-2010, 06:49 AM
Find
Peanuckle Offline

Threads: 4

(09-09-2010, 06:21 AM)Mikezila Wrote: I also had no idea that losing your mind gave the enemies rollerskates and night vision. I'll keep that in mind.

This reminds me of how I "trained" myself to not be afraid of the zombies in Thief. I got up on a table and drew one to me, then stared at it until I stopped shaking.

I've been trying to gather the courage to do the same here, but there aren't many enemies (thank God) and the ones that do exist usually don't show up in areas with a difficult to reach (for them) table.

Such a location would also be useful to experiment on how varying levels of sanity affect enemies. I'll probably build a map in the mod with just a big table and a horde of baddies around it ;D

I'll call it "Sea of Madness"
09-09-2010, 09:58 AM
Find
thebigJA Offline

(09-09-2010, 09:58 AM)Peanuckle Wrote:

This reminds me of how I "trained" myself to not be afraid of the zombies in Thief. I got up on a table and drew one to me, then stared at it until I stopped shaking.

I've been trying to gather the courage to do the same here, but there aren't many enemies (thank God) and the ones that do exist usually don't show up in areas with a difficult to reach (for them) table.

Such a location would also be useful to experiment on how varying levels of sanity affect enemies. I'll probably build a map in the mod with just a big table and a horde of baddies around it ;D

I'll call it "Sea of Madness"

I'd never want to do that. That would utterly ruin the effect. The whole "the scariest things are those you don't see" thing.
09-09-2010, 01:00 PM
Find
RMJ Offline

It is pretty scary when monsters move so fast, i almost fell of my chair at somepoint LOL, Pretty unexpected to have said monster up in my face like that xD
09-09-2010, 02:35 PM
Find
Yuhaney Offline
Hello Friends!

Threads: 100

I think that enemies are kinda blind for the light?
At least the second sort of monster looks like it (not the invisible and not the other one either Tongue). Since, I light up the lantern right behind it and it didn't even turn it's "face" at me.

09-09-2010, 04:02 PM
Website Find
sacroid Offline

Threads: 11

(09-09-2010, 04:02 PM)Scraper Wrote: I think that enemies are kinda blind for the light?
At least the second sort of monster looks like it (not the invisible and not the other one either Tongue). Since, I light up the lantern right behind it and it didn't even turn it's "face" at me.

You could at least advice that of spoiler, because I haven't expected that there was going to be another type of enemy :S

09-09-2010, 05:45 PM
Find