Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Can't Get Past The Intro
Moondog Offline

Threads: 1
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago Can't Get Past The Intro

I've read through the Troubleshooting Guide, installed the latest drivers (and I *think* I've killed off the old ones, not 100% certain).

The game starts up fine, gets me to the title screen, I can fiddle with the options if I want, and all that.

When I go to play, however, the screen goes black, and I get the voice-overs (with no corresponding video), and, about where you hear 'I. . .I am Daniel!", I can see a hall-way and a candle.

Thing is, I can't move, can't do anything with any buttons on the keyboard, if I try to move the mouse to move the camera, the game stops responding for a moment, then responds and MAYBE it instantly jumps to where the camera ought to be.

Is this a driver issue, something similar, or does my computer simply lack the power to handle Amnesia?

Attached are the .hlp, a dxdiag, and, for fun, a link to a video of exactly what happens. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RpBGNwjTEGE

Attached Files
.txt   DxDiag.txt (Size: 38.53 KB / Downloads: 119)
09-08-2010, 09:21 PM
Find
Gaviel Offline

Threads: 0
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago RE: Can't Get Past The Intro

I'm having the same issue. I fiddled with the advanced options and can get some distorted graphics but that's about it. Nothing appears on my screen at all.
09-08-2010, 10:06 PM
Find
Thomas Offline
Frictional Games

Threads: 184

I'm afraid the drivers for the X-series of cards are horribly outdated. There is no known fix at this point

We are working on fixing, and I am gonna buy an X-series card and make sure that it works.

This will take a little while though (do not want to estimate at this point), but I will do my best to have it done asap.
09-08-2010, 10:47 PM
Find
Moondog Offline

Threads: 1

(09-08-2010, 10:47 PM)Thomas Wrote: I'm afraid the drivers for the X-series of cards are horribly outdated. There is no known fix at this point

We are working on fixing, and I am gonna buy an X-series card and make sure that it works.

This will take a little while though (do not want to estimate at this point), but I will do my best to have it done asap.

Ah, I see.

I'll look forward to the fix/possibilities thereof, and appreciate the speedy feedback very much.
09-08-2010, 10:52 PM
Find