Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Freezing during game.
mikewozere Offline

Threads: 1
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month, 3 Weeks ago Freezing during game.

AMD Athlon 64 x2 Dual Core Processor 4400+ 2.3GHz
2GB Ram
ATI Radeon x1950 Pro
Windows XP Recent SP

At first, I could just hear the opening narration, but the screen was just a shade lighter than black, could see various elements in the darkness. The narration finished but the screen never moved from it's initial few frames.

Then I turn everything to low and everything that can be turned off, off. HOORAY, it looks to be working.

Then a hint comes up...press Tab to see inventory. I press tab, game crashes.

I repeat process but don't press tab this time. Press 'j' to access journal. I press 'j', game crashes.

So I reload the game again and decide to press nothing except wasd and maybe crouch and jump. I get all the way to a part where I have to interact with a letter, click letter and....game crashes.

I understand the letter is pretty plot imperative too, so it basically looks like I won't be able to play the game. I've got all the recent drivers. A friend of mine with the same graphics card experienced exactly the same problem.

Any thoughts?
09-08-2010, 11:06 PM
Find
Thomas Offline
Frictional Games

Threads: 184
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month, 3 Weeks ago RE: Freezing during game.

It is the drivers for the X-series cards that are outdated. As far as I know nobody has found a way to fix it.

I will buy a card from the X-series and do my very best to get it working. It will take a little while though, but I will make sure to fix asap!
09-08-2010, 11:23 PM
Find
mikewozere Offline

Threads: 1
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month, 3 Weeks ago RE: Freezing during game.

Aww harsh. Thanks man. Even with all the settings at their lowest this game was very atmospheric, look forward to a fix.
09-08-2010, 11:26 PM
Find