Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 5 Average
*SPOILER WARNING!* The super secret password *SPOILER WARNING!*
Googolplex Offline
Banned

Threads: 246
RE: *SPOILER WARNING!* The super secret password *SPOILER WARNING!*

But for what you can use the rar file?
Which files are in there? Is it a DLC or is it a present from frictional games?

I'll see what it is, when I unpack it.
And what is the super secret in penumbra?
Is it the minigame on the shelter-computer? I've never seen that!
09-10-2010, 03:08 PM
Find
celikeins Offline

Threads: 0

are codes meaningful or are they just generated randomly? i think they should have a meaning. but i didnot find anything, because it can be anything swedish.
09-10-2010, 07:40 PM
Find
Commando Peach Offline

Threads: 2

The only meaning I found in the codes is not something I'm actually sure is to be meaning at all, but is too much of a coincidence for me to let go. When I first saw them, the letter portions jumped out at me pretty hard, and I actually thought part of the riddle for solving them involved the connection I'd made, but I was wrong.

Spoiler below!
odn = Odin (Agrippa ending)
tyr = Tyr (Alexander Ending)
lke = Loki [sometimes spelled Loke] (Revenge Ending)

They're all very prominent figures in Norse mythology.

Odin is the "all father" of Asgard, and is associated with things like wisdom, death and war. This sounds the most like Weyer to me, and in the ending that nets you this code, Daniel "dies" and the assumingly omniscient Weyer and Agrippa seem to be pulling some strings. Also, Odin sacrificed one of his eyes and hung upside down from a holy tree to drink from the Well of Wisdom, which reminds me of Agrippa's own sacrifice to enter the orb's portal with his pupil.

Tyr is the god of war. His origins are shady. Nobody really knows how old he is, and he's rumored to be a lot older than the rest of the gods of Asgard. He sacrificed his hand/arm in a successful attempt to bind/tame the wolf-beast Fenrir. This code is gotten with the ending in which Alexander succeeds, and I think some of the parallels are obvious. Alexander has mysteriously outlived the rest of the nobles by centuries, and has devoted his entire life to relentless pursuit of the power of the orb. If anyone, he's our war-god.

Loki isn't a god at all, but is an immensely powerful shapeshifter with a penchant for mischief. He sows the seeds of discord, but is typically under the favor of Odin (sometimes believed to be his brother). This is shakiest link by far, but the idea of Alexander falling to even his best laid plans by a man far less powerful and supposedly under his control is very Loki indeed. Daniel's subterfuge is far less intense than Loki's ever was, but he did drink the amnesia drought under Alexander's nose to prepare himself to kill him when Alexander least expected it to be coming from a "trusted ally".

So there you have it. Weyer/Agrippa as Odin, Alexander and Tyr, and Daniel as Loki. I only hope that I'm not reading far too much into something that wasn't intended, but I still think it's pretty interesting. Blush
09-11-2010, 06:43 AM
Find
Akasu Offline

Threads: 6

Man, how did you know to combine the codes? And in that specific order? You must be a psychic Big Grin
09-12-2010, 07:45 PM
Find
WindexGlow Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 70

Mostly "behind hte scenes" things. You have sketches of levels and monsters, and a few videos that show very early testing.

Please -REP me.
Honestly, please do. I want to see how low I can go!!
Ignore that error message too. Just ignore it and keep going to give me -rep.
09-13-2010, 03:00 AM
Find
Bulbatron Offline

Threads: 7

So once you've got the codes, what do you actually do with the file? I've found the file (playing the Mac version here) but didn't know what to do with it. I just double clicked it and that made iTunes open for some reason.

Wow - what a mansion!
09-19-2010, 09:28 AM
Find
Damasta Yo Offline

Threads: 1

I can't open the .rar file. Whenever I choose it, it asks me which program I should open it with. Help. Sad
01-17-2011, 02:47 AM
Find
Yuhaney Offline
Hello Friends!

Threads: 100

(01-17-2011, 02:47 AM)Damasta Yo Wrote: I can't open the .rar file. Whenever I choose it, it asks me which program I should open it with.

Do you have WinRAR installed on your computer?
If you have it, just choose it as the default program and it will open.

If you don't have it, go here and download it, install it and then run the .rar file again.

(This post was last modified: 01-17-2011, 11:51 AM by Yuhaney.)
01-17-2011, 11:50 AM
Website Find
mikael Offline

Threads: 2

(01-17-2011, 11:50 AM)Scraper Wrote:
(01-17-2011, 02:47 AM)Damasta Yo Wrote: I can't open the .rar file. Whenever I choose it, it asks me which program I should open it with.

Do you have WinRAR installed on your computer?
If you have it, just choose it as the default program and it will open.

If you don't have it, go here and download it, install it and then run the .rar file again.

… or if you are on a Mac, try The Unarchiver.
01-18-2011, 08:44 AM
Find