Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

How do you guys handle it?
Mina Darsh Offline

Threads: 24
RE: How do you guys handle it?

Urgh, you know, I'm still at the Winecellar, I'm just too afraid to run into something, or to be caught off guard and recieving a scare that'll claim two or more years of my expected lifespan... But I wish to go on, but then, I'm not as much of a hero as I hope I'd be. Dodgy
10-12-2010, 10:22 PM
Find
Black Rabbit Offline

Threads: 0

(10-12-2010, 10:22 PM)Hionimi Wrote: Urgh, you know, I'm still at the Winecellar, I'm just too afraid to run into something, or to be caught off guard and recieving a scare that'll claim two or more years of my expected lifespan... But I wish to go on, but then, I'm not as much of a hero as I hope I'd be. Dodgy

Keep your cool....you are still early in the game so you get alerted by a groan when an enemy appears...that, however, changes as you progress...the enemies are....quite random Big Grin
10-12-2010, 10:45 PM
Find
Mina Darsh Offline

Threads: 24

(10-12-2010, 10:45 PM)Black Rabbit Wrote: Keep your cool....you are still early in the game so you get alerted by a groan when an enemy appears...that, however, changes as you progress...the enemies are....quite random Big Grin

That doesn't make it any easier! D:
10-13-2010, 09:48 AM
Find
deathsplate Offline

Hello I'm just gonna say I'm 17 and love this game, when I am traveling home from school I think whats gonna happen next I really want to play this.
Get home wait until dark and usually I play for abour 30 minutes depending on what bit I'm up to. Well im 3/4 through the storage room near the back hall
but having to play 10 minutes.
I am going to finish this game no matter what, my goal to finish a scary game and not one of those action 'horror' games, like resident evil 5...
So how do I cope, I remember in the demo I just thought 'Its just a game, none of this can happen to me in real life.
But now I have the full version where you actually encounter proper monsters that airnt just water lurkers.

If you wanna know how to easily finish this game, My suggestion is to drink,
I was drunk while playing this game and I was laughing, although this effect could range dependign on how it effects you personally.
--- Introduced my friend to it too----
He got up to making the potions in 2 days and now he tells me
I still wanna slap you for making me play that game, and then i say come play it some more, and he replies with some cursing
10-13-2010, 01:32 PM
Find
ide Offline

Threads: 3

What's the point playing it drunk and happy? You don't get the same strong experience as when not intoxicated.

I actually watched bit of some let's play before starting to play. So I could easily play first two hours straight since I knew what was going to happen. Then I started to shit my pants and depending on situation could play only 10-20 minutes in row.
10-13-2010, 04:49 PM
Find
Black Rabbit Offline

(10-13-2010, 09:48 AM)Hionimi Wrote:
(10-12-2010, 10:45 PM)Black Rabbit Wrote: Keep your cool....you are still early in the game so you get alerted by a groan when an enemy appears...that, however, changes as you progress...the enemies are....quite random Big Grin

That doesn't make it any easier! D:

awwww there there... xD
I am a horror addict...seriously if something like this happened to me in real life (without dying being inevitable of course but being given a choice based on my actions) I'd enjoy the adrenaline rush Big Grin
(This post was last modified: 10-14-2010, 03:56 PM by Black Rabbit.)
10-14-2010, 03:53 PM
Find
Texhnolyzed Offline

Threads: 2

I can't play over an hour to Amnesia.
I happenned to have a nightmare once, just after playing and that was of course about a monster chasing me and roaring "right" and "left" each time I changed paths. I managed to run so far I didn't hear it anymore so I thought "all right, I'm safe" and then I hide behind a barrel. After 2 seconds I look over my shoulder and THERE HE WAS ;pvekrpv omg and then I woke up Smile

It reminds me of Silent Hill 1 and 2 because I never felt or had such an experience since those games (even Penumbra was not so hard on me). Big Grin
10-14-2010, 05:29 PM
Find
Skoth Offline

Threads: 3

This game is such a rush of experience. When I found myself freaking out I'd start to laugh: it just shows what a great job the makers did! I remember looking at the door to the wine cellar (or any other room for that matter!) and thinking to myself "Oh god... there's no other way!"

Only Amnesia does that to me! I really wanna try Penumbra now.
10-14-2010, 06:06 PM
Find
hollowleviathan Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 2

Set goals for yourself. Tonight, I will complete 2 areas. Or, tonight, I'm going to play until 2am, no matter what (starting from midnight).

You can also play very cautiously, taking copious breaks to huddle shivering under the weak light of a candle, waiting for your mind to clear.
10-14-2010, 10:33 PM
Find
Unreal Offline

Threads: 9

Even this guy pushed through and finished the game:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?annotation_...re=iv#t=2m

LOL!! Big Grin
10-15-2010, 08:48 AM
Find